• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Good stuff tho, Vrud

Gatoray

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gatoray
3DS FC
3024-5880-3045
Leave it to Kotaku to provide probably the worst quality Melee recording I've ever seen in my entire life. Here's a better one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvFgujk4Jws

But yay for Ness! I have recently been recently very disappointed in Ness... since he's one of my only main characters that my non-tech-skilled brother can beat me with using Falco. Seeing this video does not make me any less disappointed, but at least it gives me hope that people are still willing to take him into tournament.

Also, as an enlightened Ness player, these commentators really annoy me. "I've literally never heard the Ness chant before" - Seriously? "Ness probably has the worst recovery" - Roy, Doc, and Bowser would like to have a word with you.

Last edited:

Double Helix

Smash Journeyman
Ness's recovery is considered worse because of how punishable it is. I also feel like Doc can't be on the list simply due to the priority his up-B has and he covers his recovery decently with pills.

In terms of most low-tier characters, you need to be prepared to lose to someone you are better than if they use strong characters. It's even worse once they are your practicing buddy, because they get used to what you do so they can make reads AND they start understanding the tools that you have. It gets really ugly really fast, but if you are good enough, you can usually still have close games. I have some pretty close games with some pretty good Midwest players, and others I just get stomped by. When you choose to play a low-tier, sometimes your goal is to just push the character as far as Hax pushed Falcon (and even farther). Who knows? You might end up winning some stuff anyways. And you can have fun doing it.

Also, really good showing by Vrud. He did really well on stream and I enjoyed watching him. It was like a breath of fresh air to see a low-tier on screen.

Last edited:

vrud

Smash Apprentice
Just hit me how crazy it is that simna is giving me props! Thanks so much I looked up to you like crazy when i started playing.
Funny thing I remembered:
simna.jpg

Top Bottom