• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Good strageties to beat Toon Link with Snake

Litrid

Smash Rookie
I am using Snake as my main right now and I keep getting my *** kicked by my friend who uses toon link. hes really fast and Snake is a bit slow. Anyone know how I can defeat Toon Link?

tsl

Smash Apprentice
Describe how your friend plays. Does he drown you in projectiles, or is he more of a sword master? A lot of Toon Link players like to overuse his F-smash and D-air. Both are very easily sidestepped and punished with neutral-A combo or F-tilt. The F-smash you have to be able to predict, but once you've avoided it, he's pretty much screwed because most players typically go for the double-swing.

If it's projectiles you're having trouble with, then you have to get tricky yourself. I find that alternating spamming grenades, Nikita, and mortars (when they're close or trying to approach) works pretty well. I've yet to see anyone except Zelda (Din's Fire -.-) who can out-ordinance Snake. Once you're in your explosives-spamming mode, it only takes them to get caught in one explosion for you to be able to rush in with physical attacks and take control.

tsl

Smash Apprentice
No problem. ^^

Now that I think about it, for the F-smash, if you've sidestepped the first slash and he's decided to go full-on into the second slash, there might even be enough lag to stick him on his back with C4.

Anyway, let us know how it goes. I haven't played very many good Toon Link players 1v1, and it's always great to have perspective on things.

Top Bottom