• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Good practice routine?

IoSSBM

Smash Cadet
I have no previous Shiek experience. What should I practice? I have 30 min to an hour a day of spare time.

Scroll

Smash Ace
Premium
I assume you mean tech skill

All basic movement (inclusing Dash WD, Pivots, Smashturn WD Back, Platform movement, Dash Dance variants, WD OoS)
Prame Perfect Nair OoS
Shield Drop options
Ledge stall (low and normal Shino Stall, and drop down DJ sweetspot) + intangible ledge dash (Letting go of ledge on frame 1 of Cliff Wait actionstate. The first actionable one) (+ Ftilt, aerials or other intangible options)
Spacing Aerials on shield (So you can dash away before Marth shield grabs you)
AC Fair, AC Bair, Late Bair, Late Nair, Rising Fair
JC Upsmash / Upsmash OoS
SH Needle into Grab, Ftilt or Downsmash
Fair into Grab on low percents
Downthrow, regrab tech chase fast fallers on reaction.
Covering Missed tech, tech in place and one tech roll with a JC Upsmash.
SH RNC FF Ledge grab (RNC is Reverse Needle Cancel - let's you turn around in the air, so you can get alot of momentum backwards)
All possible Bair height options from ledge

If you can do all of the above you're on the right path

Gearitz

Smash Apprentice
I assume you mean tech skill

All basic movement (inclusing Dash WD, Pivots, Smashturn WD Back, Platform movement, Dash Dance variants, WD OoS)
Prame Perfect Nair OoS
Shield Drop options
Ledge stall (low and normal Shino Stall, and drop down DJ sweetspot) + intangible ledge dash (Letting go of ledge on frame 1 of Cliff Wait actionstate. The first actionable one) (+ Ftilt, aerials or other intangible options)
Spacing Aerials on shield (So you can dash away before Marth shield grabs you)
AC Fair, AC Bair, Late Bair, Late Nair, Rising Fair
JC Upsmash / Upsmash OoS
SH Needle into Grab, Ftilt or Downsmash
Fair into Grab on low percents
Downthrow, regrab tech chase fast fallers on reaction.
Covering Missed tech, tech in place and one tech roll with a JC Upsmash.
SH RNC FF Ledge grab (RNC is Reverse Needle Cancel - let's you turn around in the air, so you can get alot of momentum backwards)
All possible Bair height options from ledge

If you can do all of the above you're on the right path
Sorry to bother you or if this is not appropriate for this but is ff late fair l cancled as good as ac fair?

OG Zen

Smash Rookie
Sorry to bother you or if this is not appropriate for this but is ff late fair l cancled as good as ac fair?
Just as good is debatable. But they just serve different puposes. Generally speaking AC fair covers more stuff like an enemies jump oos. It can cover your hurtbox longer while in the air and is hard to punish. Since it ACs it very easily leads into any movement option like butter

Late lc ff fair is interesting and can be a good poke vs sheilds. But a good opponent can catch on to you always delaying the fair and aerial oos fastwr then u fair.
Its also good when u do a turn around needle cancel into lc ff fair.

Most of the time ac fair is just better

Scroll

Smash Ace
Premium
I'd just use AC Fair for everything. There might be some niche applications of LC Fair, but AC Fair does the job for the vast majority of the cases.

Top Bottom