• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Good players on FG?

MisterDom

Smash Ace
NNID
MisterDom
3DS FC
1091-7673-8661
I can't help it anymore, I have to ask.

It it just me, or do I get pretty decent players online? I'm not a scrub who keeps losing because of bad spam, and decent looks amazing, but like, legitly good. Combos, safe play, ledge guarding... Not too bad. Also high and mid tiers.

It's not that I'm having trouble or anything, but I don't see the scrubs I see when I watch a player play FG on twitch. I guess it can be annoying because I can't practice a new character I'm picking up as easy as playing a worse player, and controlling the match at ALL times, but Anyone else?

MOI-ARI

Smash Ace
NNID
TAISH0U
3DS FC
3523-2502-7558
I can't help it anymore, I have to ask.

It it just me, or do I get pretty decent players online? I'm not a scrub who keeps losing because of bad spam, and decent looks amazing, but like, legitly good. Combos, safe play, ledge guarding... Not too bad. Also high and mid tiers.

It's not that I'm having trouble or anything, but I don't see the scrubs I see when I watch a player play FG on twitch. I guess it can be annoying because I can't practice a new character I'm picking up as easy as playing a worse player, and controlling the match at ALL times, but Anyone else?
Actually no its not just you 'xD

I don't play "1v1" but For Glory 2v2 i have definitely noticed a difference from when i last played. Pretty nuts considering the fact thats its For Glory and My teammate will get a ko more than me or at least NOT SCORE NEGATIVE POINTS. And also play pretty well. I never go to FG but this week i went online to try something out on live prey, but was found in the midst of a pretty intense battle between some players. It was a pleasant suprise and was very fun. So fun everyone stayed around and fought together for maybe 2 and a half hours? No salt or stupid tags just once he match was over mash 'Start' and get the most flashy team combos and Kos xD

I tried to go on FG yesterday around the same time and found some more pretty decent players. So looks like Midnight is when they come out huh. 'xD I think i might just start playing more often. My secondarys can use some more love.

Nexin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Nexinitus
There are definitely good players online. There is at least one player on my friend list that I know competes in tournaments regularly, and he and I first ran into each other on For Glory. It's just that for most people, the bad players are more common than the good players.

For me, I tend to have on and off days. One day I'll run into a bunch of really good players who are extremely fun to face, and the next, everybody I play against is a flowchart that I can beat easily. I have also noticed that if my opponent plays a rarely used character, whether it be a low tier (such as Palutena or Zelda) or an unpopular high tier (such as Olimar), then my opponents are more likely to be pretty good, though there are exceptions to this rule.

Richard 89

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesker08
3DS FC
4768-7987-3562
There are good players on for glory, then there are the really great players, i tend to play on the FG FFA section during the day. i'm not seen past 10 p.m where i live though.

Silxer

Smash Apprentice
For some reason I always seem encounter decent to very good players who are way out of my league on For Glory 1v1 who usually 2 stock me most of the time (sometimes they make a mistake with their combo and SD as a result) or give me a really good fight (I usually ending up with me losing) almost all the time. It may seem frustrating, but I just take it as a learning experience, see what I did wrong, and improve from there.

I don't encounter that many trolls/spammers to often one 1v1 For Glory, I seem to encounter those types of players more often in 2v2s/FFAs. It might be because I tend to play For Glory around evening time a lot... but sometimes I do play around noon and I still encounter decent players. lol

SteadyDisciple

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rorrim
I'm not a greta player, so my opinion of good might be a bit skewed, but I seem to have noticed this trending improvement as well. I had to stop playing for a couple of months due to illness, and when I came back I had to take a moment to appreciate how much it had seemed to improve. At first I figured it was just because I was rusty, but that was about a month ago now and people still appear to be fighting on a higher skill level than before. It honestly wouldn't surprise me if the community as a whole has just been gradually improving through practice, and while it was harder to notice day to day the break I took made it stand out to me.

Muddyk

Smash Cadet
NNID
theflyingmud
3DS FC
4656-7708-6477
Me too, like one day i got on and had some of the best matches ever with constant people. Fun thing, they all used diff characters so i had to save so many replays lol. so much match up experience and great games. One guy ditto'd me with my main i'm guesing it was his main too cause he was actually very good better than i was with him anyway. taught me so much. loved it.

Purin a.k.a. José

Smash Lord
NNID
purinsmash
3DS FC
1418-7121-0144
I thought it was just from my growing W/L ratio. Yup, there is a improvement; I've got to work much more than before, and most of my battles are close or one-sided (to the opponent) rather than easy; For Glory is getting less scrubby, actually.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I have fought some good players around the same skill level as I and I have fought some great players who would utterly send me packing in less than 2 minutes. Well actually, I haven't played much For Glory until just yesterday so it's kinda hard for me to tell if anything changed.

Last edited:

SteadyDisciple

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rorrim
I know, It's like most spammers left.
I'd imagine that some of them have left, but the reason they may have left is because people are learning and adapting to how spammers work. You play enough spammers, you learn how to beat them, then those spammers are forced to either improve, leave, or lose a lot.

phantom man

Smash Journeyman
I'd imagine that some of them have left, but the reason they may have left is because people are learning and adapting to how spammers work. You play enough spammers, you learn how to beat them, then those spammers are forced to either improve, leave, or lose a lot.
True, Most spammers are easy to beat now. Such as Link, Villager, etc.

leesinger

Smash Apprentice
NNID
yolo-swag420T.T
I've read somewhere that the people you get matched against have similar "Global Smash Power" to your own. Whether or not that translates into better fighting skills in For Glory, I don't really know. I also tend to run into very skilled players on For Glory, moreso during the evenings or very late at night.

Top Bottom