• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Good or Bad Idea: Cut characters as DLC for the next SSB

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Remember how dear you got mad that Roy was not in SSBB, or the time you (somewhat) got pissed Pichu didn't come back? What if you could play as them again by buying (for either free or price) in the next Super Smash Brothers games? For me it would be a great idea, but at the same time a bad idea, because Sakurai would be busy sticking to developing Smash DLC rather than a sequel of KI:U.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
The thread title immediately made me think of the "Good Idea, Bad Idea" segments from the Animaniacs.

I guess it would be beneficial for whatever characters weren't finished. In regards to another thing you said, I believe Sakurai said he wouldn't do another Uprising, and that "someone else can revive it in another 25 years."

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Personally I don't care much for DLC. If they want those cut characters, they can go download SSB64 and Melee from Wii U's Virtual Console and NOT sell the Brawl game disc.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
It's a good idea; returning characters (other than Mewtwo) are perfect examples of good DLC material. That way, all additions to the roster in Sm4sh can be new. Hooray!

:phone:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
In regards to another thing you said, I believe Sakurai said he wouldn't do another Uprising, and that "someone else can revive it in another 25 years."
That statement still hurts. It makes me feel... depressed, like an icicle gorging my heart out. :urg:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I know...Uprising is an amazing game
, even if everyone kills me so easily online...

Maybe Retro can make a sequel? :awesome:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
That statement still hurts. It makes me feel... depressed, like an icicle gorging my heart out. :urg:
I agree.

Makes me quote Hades (best villain ever): "How cold of you! Your words pierce my heart like an icicle!"

On-topic: could be a nice idea for some returning characters, especially clones like Pichu or Dr. Mario that have fewer fans. Maybe do it with other less important characters that have smaller fanbases such as Ghirahim, Krystal, Bowser Jr. or Black Knight. Basically, what TVTropes calls "Ensemble Darkhorses."

Metal_Sonic

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Darktriforce1990
3DS FC
0216-0895-5308
I thought Melee Pichu evolve into Brawl Pikachu?

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Mewtwo should be in the game from the start. Roy too if they plan on decloning him

As for the other cut clones though, they'd definitely be nice as DLC

DarkShadow20

Smash Ace
Personally I don't care much for DLC. If they want those cut characters, they can go download SSB64 and Melee from Wii U's Virtual Console and NOT sell the Brawl game disc.
Or they could simply download them as DLC. And those who don't like DLC don't have to download them. Everybody wins!

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Mewtwo should be in the game from the start. Roy too if they plan on decloning him

As for the other cut clones though, they'd definitely be nice as DLC
I Agree Mewtwo should be back in but as a unlockable.

Vs. Mode Time.

1-P = 20 Hours
2-P = 15 Hours
3-P = 10 Hours
4-P = 5 Hours

Or clear Classic mode on Hard with all the pokemin chars.

Or Complete one of the last event matches thats got him in it.

:)

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I agree because it saves room for a Chrom and 5th/6th Gen Pokemon in the main roster.

Top Bottom