• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Good News Topic

Kitten

Smash Journeyman
Every day I get more bad news about how everything is bad for you. The internet is making us stupid. Headphones are going to destroy my ears. Staying up late will dehydrate my brain or something. Coffee is going to give me cancer. Eggs are made of bubonic plague. There's a new study every ****ing week. If you want to live past 20 you're going to have to sit in a cage eating tofu and drinking 8 glasses of water a day. But you'll die at 21 because the tofu was manufactured in a factory that also produces food that has high fructose corn syrup.

What's more, everyone in Africa is getting ***** and Tibet isn't faring any better and we've got 400 foot waves killing everyone within 30 miles of the Indian Ocean. John McCain thinks Putin was the president of Germany.

Is there anything going right today? Let everyone know in this topic. What medical breakthroughs are we making? Technological advancements? Calamities avoided? Anything going great for you personally? Let us know.

Amide

Smash Lord
That was deep. But let me think... Man, this is hard! Aw, man the Sox lost too:(. Umm, new iPhone...? OK, I give up.

GoldShadow

Marsilea quadrifolia
BRoomer
According to an article in newsweek, we are getting much closer to creating bacteria that can take in carbon dioxide and put out extremely effective fuels we can use in cars and vehicles. It's basically like bacteria that ferment stuff to make ethanol (beer), except instead of ethanol they'd be making much more complex energy-rich fuels. And it may all be ready within the next couple of years.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
I heard about that algae method, there are a few companies that are in strict competition to do it, and have their sites heavily guarded to make sure no one steals their methods.

Amide

Smash Lord
Life expectancy now above 78 in USA. New record.

OK, so what if nobody cares?

D13

Smash Ace
I read an article an article about this 16-year-old boy who came up with a method to make plastic bags decompose very quickly.

Top Bottom