• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Good Idea for FriendFinder? Ping!

goku21

Smash Rookie
:070: :070: :070:

Hello Smashers,

yes i was just in the irc chat and there was an option to ping the other person online!

wouldn´t it be awesome if we had a ping button in the friendfinder so you cound ping the other members online?

from my understanding brawl works on a p2p connection so the ping from the browser(FF)
should be the same we get for brawl online battles!!

making such a button in the flash-file shouldn´t be to hard, should it? i mean you guys have the sourcecode already in that java-irc-applet and flash is so modular you can easily add it.

if i´m wrong with that, i please you to correct me. but i think its an awsome idea which lets us get rid from thinking about isp and such nonsense ...

if the ping is right the connection is right...

also it could help getting a feeling for the lag even before the fight (cause you remember the numbers and fights)

thanx for reading

:070: :070: :070:

goku21

Smash Rookie
This guy already said it, your computer and Wii are two totally different things.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ahhm no i really don´t think so .. you ping from ip to ip , that has nothing to do if the ping is started from a browser, a gamingconsole, the commandline or your DS..

its lan ping + wan ping = ping , since the lanpping is always 0 its only the wan ping which is the lag from my wan-ip to your wan-ip ....

since the friend-matches use a direct p2p-connection it should be the exact same lag as the ping says...

is brawl using any servers? than of course that wouldn´t apply..

Top Bottom