• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Good followup for nair?

Dojomaster2

Smash Cadet
Been playing young link a lot lately with my friends mainly because I wanted to pick up another character other than Sheik. My question is every time I approach with a nair I have yet to find a for lack of a better word reliable or a safe followup. Any suggestions on what to try and use or should I stop trying to approach with a nair all together?

rhan

Smash Hero
Another Nair.

Or if they DI the first SHFFL Nair away, a Fair.

About the character: Young Link isn't about approaching. He's more of a campy character. You have to keep up with the bombs and boomerangs and just keep the opponent at bay while moving around the stage. Young Link has some pretty safe projectile combos as long as the first projectile connects (Only works with bombs or boomerangs). Arrows are terrible.

Some simple projectile combos consist of:

Bomb throw -> Dair/Uair/Nair
Boomerang angled upward -> Dair/Uair/Nair

Dojomaster2

Smash Cadet
Rhan thank you for the advice, now it is time to try and reprogram my brain into wanting to try and camp. I have always been more of a rushdown fast paced kinda guy in any game that I have played.

indigestible_wad

Smash Lord
Arrows combo into other moves just like the boomerang and bombs. There might be a slight difference in the flight path and hitstun, but I've never had a problem with it.

Dojomaster2

Smash Cadet
I played at least 50-75 games last night against some people at a party and maybe shot 5 total arrows lol. I figured its not worth it to shoot an arrow when you can whip a boomerang or a bomb. On a different note i played campy as hell most of the games and I had random people coming up to the tv saying "Whos the idiot that is just running away and throwing ****" So I think my YL is improving a lil bit lol

Dojomaster2

Smash Cadet
If you're getting comments like that, you're doing things correctly. :)
To be honest once I heard that I got such a grin on my face and thought well you must be doing a good job lol. But you never answered my offer in the other thread lajiin..$10 MM pound 5?

Dojomaster2

Smash Cadet
I'm going to rep Young Link the whole time at pound, so it doesn't really matter to me who you play as. (yeah you did reply I just didnt see it lol"

Dojomaster2

Smash Cadet
Alright sure we can do a ditto. I'm playing YL at pound vs Peach, Jiggs and most low tiers.
Young Link ditto should be fun. Even though I have watched some of your videos and I know im not on your level yet. It should still be a good time, hell its only money.

Dojomaster2

Smash Cadet
It's not suicide. Just look at it as trying to take the Young Link metagame to the next level by trying out his tricks against top players in a large scale tournament.

rhan

Smash Hero
coward. :p also the new tier list is correct. ylink is in his place.
I agree with this statement.

But Doc is not over Ganon or Samus.

And Jiggs isn't 3rd. Marth/Sheik is definitely over her. But enough tier list discussion.

YLink for the win.

Just not playing against Falco's. I'll **** everyone there. With Geno YLink.

Top Bottom