• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Good falco level Discusion

iDizZzY

Smash Journeyman
the goal of this thread is to mention a certain character, and than mention level counterpicks, and the reason why

and if there is a level that is just good for falco no matter who he is fighting, mention it.
ty in advance to everyone that is going to add to this thread
when a discussion starts going, ill see what two cents i can add

Vro

Smash Lord
Personally I think Falco will always do good on FD and Smashville. Lasers, pew pew. Chaingrabbing as well.

Beware Lylat Cruise, as the edges are not at a static angle. I've killed myself many times with forward b not sweet spotting. Luigi's Mansion also prevents a good laser game.

That's my limited knowledge, since I usually just play neutrals. I'm not even sure if stage discussion fully agrees with the counterpick list..

0RLY

A great conversation filler at bars and parties
Battlefield, the platforms add and detract to Falco's gameplay. Flat ground ftw.

Final D, edge are gay, everything else is fine.

Smashville, great stage, the moving platform may get in the way every now and then.

Lylat Cr- this stage is balls, end of discussion.

Yoshi's Crib, uneven ground messes with laser game. Angled platform gets in the way as well.

hurricane22491

Smash Cadet
Battlefield is not a bad level for Falco either. Flat, easy to grab edges, platforms you can attack through with upsmash and uptilt, and you can also laser through the platforms with a short hop.

Some characters can take better advantage of this level than Falco, but it certainly isn't bad for him.

Mecha Soul

Smash Apprentice
the goal of this thread is to mention a certain character, and than mention level counterpicks, and the reason why
we've got the basic level discussion done, but no one else seems to have done this^ yet.

so let's go with the ever popular snake!

Personally, I like Final Destination for Snake. Anything with platforms is tough with his usmash and utilt. On FD, you can keep him from camping (or camp yourself) with lasers. He can crawl under them, but at least then he isn't camping with grenades (not to mention it really limits his options)

forward

Smash Champion
I think low platforms are good for Falco because he can short hop shine to cover the entire platform. So I don't know how well it works with the rest of his tactics but it is a start for working on stages like Yoshi's Island and Battlefield.

Vro

Smash Lord
Just beware picking platform stages against characters with disjointed hitboxes. You're far better off handling them on a flat stage.

Top Bottom