• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Good counterpick stages

brawlerbrad91

Smash Journeyman
Well, anything without a ledge, like Bridge of Eldin or the MarioKart place, i like using these places on GB and make my opponent really mad, cuz someone did it to me before, and it's utterly annoying. If you get a chaingrab in the right direction, you can pretty much kill them, keep chaingrabbing them to the boundary, and when you grab them if you can't see yourself, fthrow, and there goes their life, it's amazing. Maybe places like Delfino plaza, cuz you can use all your jumps and go under and attack the person, and halberd if you feel like it.

Please discuss what stages you like to use as well and why. BoE is great for team battles ftw

Rhykune

Smash Cadet
Delfino Plaza has really anything you'd want for a DeDeDe counterpick. Places where he can Waddle Dee camp, walk off edges, walls for doing infinites on (if they are allowed) and DeDeDe can attack through the bottom of the main platform.

R!S3

Smash Apprentice
delfino is king for ddd

infinite spots

walk offs

good stage all around

Met

Smash Ace
i find that delfinos platforms can mess with things i don't really like that stage. luigis mansion can be a great stage you live forever it has a really long stage for CG'in near the edge you can backthrow them into the cieling making them land real close behind you and you can tech chase agian. i use this stage vs like MK and olimar also any character that has fast projectiles. because you can hide behind pillars

CervPurp63

Smash Apprentice
1. Delfino Plaza is prime real estate for DDD
2. NEVER....EVER....EVER pick Luigi's Mansion against Olimar. Olimar gets magical powers on that stage and you will lose. Just stay away from that stage against Olimar.
3. Castle Seige is a pretty good stage, cuz the boundaries are small to keep opponents in range, and the second transistion of the stage has walk-off edges.
4. FD is always good against players/characters that dont camp cuz it can set up for long chaingrabs.
5. I think Smashville is good cuz the stage is easy to protect with backairs. You can setup some gimps more easily on Smashville.
6. Norfair might be a good stage for him cuz the many ledges could enhance his edgeguarding (haven't tried this stage with DDD yet).
7. Brinstar might be a good pick, cuz DDD could just rule the air and combo opponents off of the lava (haven't tried this stage with DDD either).

I hope I helped us DDD players out. Feel free to edit/tweak this post if my information is incorrect.

Top Bottom