• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Good counterpick stages for lucas??

ChaosTheoryX

Smash Lord
I usally counterpick battlefield, norfair, and brinstar. yes i know battlefield isnt a counterpick but its a great stage for lucas (in case you didnt know. lucas' up smash can sometimes reach to the middle platform if they are standing on it..i love catching people off gaurd ^_^)

soccerdude7200

Smash Journeyman
THANKS.
Greatly appreciated =)
because I'm pretty sure that i'm going to a tournament in Gurnee, IL next weekend.

ChaosTheoryX

Smash Lord
on norfair you can zap jump over the lava wall and stall using psi magnet until the lava passes past you. this is a better option than fighting over the safety dome thingy.

~Pink Fresh~

Smash Master
PSSH...is a flesh wound
lol i would say about 2% everytime lava comes adds up in the long run. idk take your choice either one will work. of course if you face say... mk, Rob Dedede, G&W, falco, marth, kirby, jiggz or any other high/multi jumping character, or character that can attack out of their up b you are vulnerable to attacks while stalling, and since you are already so high just a hit with nearly no knockback will kill you. airdodging is safer, zap jumping is more fun

soccerdude7200

Smash Journeyman
I agree with pink fresh.
Zap jumping will get you killed easier.
but will air dodging really keep you away from the lava? Wouldn't the lava hit you right after your air dodge is done?

~Pink Fresh~

Smash Master
I agree with pink fresh.
but will air dodging really keep you away from the lava? Wouldn't the lava hit you right after your air dodge is done?
depends on which lava you are talking about. with the lava that comes along with the little shuttle thing you can airdodge and not get hit by the lava, granted you have to practice the timing. or the "raining lava" from the back ground you could just move out of the way and airdodge just to be safe. any other lava that comes then yes, you will get hit if you just air dodge.

~Pink Fresh~

Smash Master
I was talking about the lava that comes in a big wave from behind.
I agree with pink fresh.
oh ya you can just airdodge and you'll be fine.
you won't get hit by the lava, though you may have to practice the timing. it's fairly easy, so a few mins and you should have it down.

soccerdude7200

Smash Journeyman
oh ya you can just airdodge and you'll be fine.
you won't get hit by the lava, though you may have to practice the timing. it's fairly easy, so a few mins and you should have it down.
ok
thanks. i don't play on norfair enough.

And brinstar is also a good counter pick??
that's good to know.

PhoenixAlpha

Smash Journeyman
Why exactly is Brinstar a good CP for Lucas?
I've been exploring my CP options w/ Lucas and
a majority of the folks out there say Norfair is the best.
I'm just not feeling the Norfair love! Plus, anyone that
I play bans it from our sets anyway.

~Pink Fresh~

Smash Master
nonfair is the best stage 4 lu cas :p
"nonfair" being the best for "lu cas" is subjectivity. that's not a fact. brinstar and norfair are both good. one could be the best for your playstyle, but not the best overall. at least in this case.

~Pink Fresh~

Smash Master
norfair- you can tether anywhere.
Recover easily. thunderslide off all of the platforms. use your most offensively unused pk attacks (Freeze and thunder). kill really easily. "platform mindgames" work well. can play a good hit and run/keep away game.
ask people that favor Brinstar what they like about it.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
Brinstar is great for perfect landings on both side platforms with a full hop. I mention it in my guide under movement. It basically means you can initiate any ground move immediately after a full hop because they're just the right height. The destructible terrain on both sides of the stage as well as in the center allow prolonged Dsmashes that can catch people offguard and can be used to edgeguard because it lasts long enough for people's invincibility frames to run out on the edges. Destructible terrain can be used to explode PK Fire hurting opponents standing on the platfrom. You can PKT2 through the bottom of the stage and lag cancel it for additional recovery options. You can zap jump through it as well. The destructible terrain on the edges slows down PKT2 allowing easier lag cancel. The platforms on the side help this too since you can land on them as well. Thundersliding leads to a thundercancel on the top to left platform for flashiness and mindgames. The sides are very short allowing extremely easy gimp kills for Lucas. Lucas's Nair's knockback does not change a lot based on percentage in comparison to other moves allowing very early kills on stages with close death zones like Brinstar. This stage is amazing for edgeguarding with Lucas and at the same time gives him more recovery options to keep him from being edgeguarded. Oh yeah and if you break the stage apart (which is really fun with ridiculously long lasting Dsmash) you can Bair or Dair spike people in the center. Dair spikes can happen a lot in the middle since it's so easy to hit with and since the broken stage doesn't have ledges you can get gimp kills this way as well. Lucas's vertical recovery is better than almost any character so if you get spiked you have a good chance of making it back while others might not.

Brinstar owns with Lucas.

~Pink Fresh~

Smash Master
norfair- you can tether anywhere.
Recover easily. thunderslide off all of the platforms. use your most offensively unused pk attacks (Freeze and thunder). kill really easily. "platform mindgames" work well. can play a good hit and run/keep away game.
ask people that favor Brinstar what they like about it.
vs.

Brinstar is great for perfect landings on both side platforms with a full hop. I mention it in my guide under movement. It basically means you can initiate any ground move immediately after a full hop because they're just the right height. The destructible terrain on both sides of the stage as well as in the center allow prolonged Dsmashes that can catch people offguard and can be used to edgeguard because it lasts long enough for people's invincibility frames to run out on the edges. Destructible terrain can be used to explode PK Fire hurting opponents standing on the platfrom. You can PKT2 through the bottom of the stage and lag cancel it for additional recovery options. You can zap jump through it as well. The destructible terrain on the edges slows down PKT2 allowing easier lag cancel. The platforms on the side help this too since you can land on them as well. Thundersliding leads to a thundercancel on the top to left platform for flashiness and mindgames. The sides are very short allowing extremely easy gimp kills for Lucas. Lucas's Nair's knockback does not change a lot based on percentage in comparison to other moves allowing very early kills on stages with close death zones like Brinstar. This stage is amazing for edgeguarding with Lucas and at the same time gives him more recovery options to keep him from being edgeguarded. Oh yeah and if you break the stage apart (which is really fun with ridiculously long lasting Dsmash) you can Bair or Dair spike people in the center. Dair spikes can happen a lot in the middle since it's so easy to hit with and since the broken stage doesn't have ledges you can get gimp kills this way as well. Lucas's vertical recovery is better than almost any character so if you get spiked you have a good chance of making it back while others might not.

Brinstar owns with Lucas.
and the winner is... Tyr_03 and Brinstar :ohwell:

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
Rainbow Cruise can be a good counterpick too. Not sure how many tournaments allow it though.

Chuee

Smash Hero
Definitely pick a stage with platforms. Like chaos said, its easy to catch your opponent off-guard using a Usmash when they're on a platform above you.

ChaosTheoryX

Smash Lord
Definitely pick a stage with platforms. Like chaos said, its easy to catch your opponent off-guard using a Usmash when they're on a platform above you.
ya notice i was talking about the middle platform of battlefield not just any platform. Most people ive fought against think they are high enough to get away from it but there are spots where the hit box of up smash willl hit them

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
^^^
Most people you fight against are scrubs who need to learn how big Lucas's Usmash is.

ChaosTheoryX

Smash Lord
^^^
Most people you fight against are scrubs who need to learn how big Lucas's Usmash is.
hmmm the fact that you have never fought ANY of the people I play must mean that you know for a fact that they are scrubs. honestly dude stop trying to start stuff just because you think you know everything there is to know about lucas. the middle platform on battlefield is high enough that usmash doesnt always hit them, and it also depends on which way they are facing. just because you havent ever hit anybody there with an usmash doesnt mean the people i play against are scrubs XD

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
lol anyone who is willing to sit there for the ridiculous start up lag of Usmash on the top platform of battlefield, clueless that they can be hit, is a scrub. I have hit people on the top platform of battlefield...and they were scrubs.

Also this one feature is not close to enough to make battlefield a counterpick.

Levitas

the moon
The only times I've hit with a usmash recently was when I used it on a statue on the fire emblem level. It really stalls everything a LOT.

Top Bottom