• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Good Against Marth!?

D

Deleted member

Why is oshi SO good against Marth? When i play yoshi i have such a problem and for one reason only....his weight...when marth hits him it seems like he is hardly ever affected, true?
is it his weight that gives him a key advantage?
Well IMO marth wrecks yoshi. The weight thing is probably because he is DJCCing through your attacks, which means he is double jumping through your attacks and countering. The reason he can do this is because yoshi gains loads of extra weight during his double jump. If he is just running around trying to do this, i suggest racking up some damage through fairs and nairs, then once he gets to mid percent (not sure excactly how high) a tippered fsmash or maybe even a ftilt or fair should break yoshi out of his double jump.

Velox

Smash Ace
It was a theory a long time ago that I remember, based pretty much entirely on the fact that Yoshi can double jump through a lot of Marth's moves and thereby give a way to get past Marth's gay sword that other characters don't have. It's a definate advantageous technique, don't get me wrong, and DO use double jump through attacks to beat Marth players, but still, this match is even at best. It's nasty.

Also back in the day there were a lot of Yoshi victories over Marths (ie. Svampen beating Masamune on time, Fumi beating random Marths, etc.)

Also, some stages can give you an edge (see Mute City).

Yoshistar64

Smash Journeyman
Marth was considered bad against Yoshi because one of Marth's most usable and useful move, the F-air, is slightly less useful against Yoshi.

However, I think CC/CCC is more useful.

D

Deleted member

So basically marth has an advantage but only slightly in a sense?
Well I mean some yoshis are better at certain matchups than others, adn thus have different perspectives. I think yoshi has a big disadvantage against marth, because of that nasty range and because Tippers rip through yoshi's double jump at low percents, meaning i have to be way more careful with DJCs. Some yoshis probably dont think the marth matchup is bad at all.

Top Bottom