• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gonna quit online play for awhile.

Terumi

Smash Cadet
NNID
TerumixKokonoe
3DS FC
0104-2953-8205
I just rage and get upset at myself to damn much. I'll return to it either after I increase my self-confidence and stop getting mad cause I can't get as good as I want to be or somehow miraculously improve. Thanks for the matches I already played sorry but I rage to the point where I hit myself and call myself worthless, and tell myself I am no good at a single damn thing. So yeah best to work on that before returning to online play.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Seek professional help. I am not trolling, working on my (lack) of self confidence issues helped me getting over being mad at being rather bad at this game (and others) as well as having trouble improving while others seem to improve smoothly. Good luck, anyways!

SherrdreamZ

Jubilant Adept Princess
NNID
SherrdreamZ
remember you are also playing a lower Tier character and should expect to have bad matchups. The only way to make up for it against competent players is to outspace them and play "Reactive" not "Proactive" especially with Marth/Lucina. Beware of Zoners until you would master perfect shielding or masking your approach.

If you really do have issues such as that though see a therapist to get to the crux of the issue. I myself have a therapist to work on my personal Anxiety issues.. and Honestly Good Luck ok.

Last edited:

Zaabrey

Smash Apprentice
Seek professional help. I am not trolling, working on my (lack) of self confidence issues helped me getting over being mad at being rather bad at this game (and others) as well as having trouble improving while others seem to improve smoothly. Good luck, anyways!
Agreed.

Terumi Terumi

If you have health insurance, call your provider and ask them what therapy sessions they may have available for you. Explain to them what you're suffering from, and they should be able further assist you. Some may offer little to no cost.

If you don't have health insurance your best bet is to search online, and try out several hotlines of what you're suffering from. If professional help is not within your reach, talk to someone. A coworker, a fellow college student, and immediate family member, etc. You don't have to tell them your entire business (please don't tell them everything), but enough to explain to them that the lack of self-confidence you're suffering from is negatively affecting your life and mindset. Tell them you need someone to help you with your issues and they might refer you to someone.

That's all I have to advise. Sorry if it is not much, but I do hope you feel better soon. Take as much time away from Smash or anything else that is not positively reinforcing right now.

Good luck.

Rinku リンク

Hero of "Likes"
NNID
JinnyK
I just rage and get upset at myself to damn much. I'll return to it either after I increase my self-confidence and stop getting mad cause I can't get as good as I want to be or somehow miraculously improve. Thanks for the matches I already played sorry but I rage to the point where I hit myself and call myself worthless, and tell myself I am no good at a single damn thing. So yeah best to work on that before returning to online play.
I understand how frustrating online play can be. Taking a break and doing something else to relax is usually the best solution for me. Some examples include:

- Going for a walk / Exercising
- Taking a shower
- Eating your favorite dish / snack
- Watching your favorite shows

There's a lot of different ways to cool yourself down and you just have to find what works best for you personally.

The important thing to remember is that NO ONE is PERFECT and it naturally takes time and practice to get better.

Putting the game aside, I'm sure you have a lot of redeeming qualities that make you unique as a person and all worth the while that you just don't see yet.

That being said I wish you the best of luck.

P.S Love the Homura avatar btw (she's my fav :))

Eisal

Smash Apprentice
I wish you the best of relaxation buddy.

I can't play online, the input delay destroys me in a huge way. I've noticed I'm much, much better just playing Smash offline, next to someone, so I went down to my local gaming/geek lair and played against people.

It's sad that not everyone has access to something like this.

Terumi

Smash Cadet
NNID
TerumixKokonoe
3DS FC
0104-2953-8205
I understand how frustrating online play can be. Taking a break and doing something else to relax is usually the best solution for me. Some examples include:

- Going for a walk / Exercising
- Taking a shower
- Eating your favorite dish / snack
- Watching your favorite shows

There's a lot of different ways to cool yourself down and you just have to find what works best for you personally.

The important thing to remember is that NO ONE is PERFECT and it naturally takes time and practice to get better.

Putting the game aside, I'm sure you have a lot of redeeming qualities that make you unique as a person and all worth the while that you just don't see yet.

That being said I wish you the best of luck.

P.S Love the Homura avatar btw (she's my fav :))
Thanks buddy yeah I am an awesome guy. Just had an off moment I'm back online and got all current dlc characters still maiming Lucina though.

Yogurt

Smash Cadet
Agreed.

Terumi Terumi

If you have health insurance, call your provider and ask them what therapy sessions they may have available for you. Explain to them what you're suffering from, and they should be able further assist you. Some may offer little to no cost.

If you don't have health insurance your best bet is to search online, and try out several hotlines of what you're suffering from. If professional help is not within your reach, talk to someone. A coworker, a fellow college student, and immediate family member, etc. You don't have to tell them your entire business (please don't tell them everything), but enough to explain to them that the lack of self-confidence you're suffering from is negatively affecting your life and mindset. Tell them you need someone to help you with your issues and they might refer you to someone.

That's all I have to advise. Sorry if it is not much, but I do hope you feel better soon. Take as much time away from Smash or anything else that is not positively reinforcing right now.

Good luck.
also if you go to school (post secondary) check if your school includes any cover for therapy in the tuition, but yeah good luck on that. I think playing for glory can get frustrating, especially against obnoxious players that like to taunt and teabag 24/7 maybe try playing something more relaxing for a bit like animal crossing, best of luck!

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I've decided to do the same thing myself mainly to focus on other games I have that I've yet to finish and I have like 10 of them left incomplete. Besides, I don't really play Smash online that much anyways because of my busy lifestyle...well actually, that was before I went through a health crisis that left me in the hospital for nearly two weeks and out of work for almost a month and a half but weeks have passed since I was discharged and I'm feeling quite better now.

With that aside, I won't be touching Smash probably until the next major DLC patch comes out.

Terumi

Smash Cadet
NNID
TerumixKokonoe
3DS FC
0104-2953-8205
I started up again and realized how badly I suck. Like wow I got no skill at all when it comes to spacing, timing , and dodging. I'm to damn predictable. I roll into attacks and never learn to just block or side dodge it. I'm the ****test of all smash bros players.

Top Bottom