• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Going to a big tournament Saturday! What should I look out for?

❤ Nikodemus05

Zero Skill Spamus
NNID
Nikodemus05
3DS FC
3952-7737-9671
Hey guys! I'm going to go to Alaska's Senshi Con Tr4sh tournament, I'll be using ZSS and Sammy as my main, and Ryu, Sheik, Marth, and The Over Egocentric Racecar Driver, as my secondaries. What are big things I should look out for, and train ahead for? Thanks guys!

Last edited:

Zylach

Smash Ace
NNID
Orienlithel
3DS FC
1934-1731-9287
Be familiar with popular matchups. I'm not sure what the Alaska metagame looks like but be prepared to face characters like Sheik, Mario, Luigi, Fox, and the cast of high tiers. The most important thing to do at tournaments is get to know the scene, have fun, and make friends. Learn from the mistakes you make and from players that are better than you. Dunno if you're new to the tournament scene but that's what I tell everyone that posts a "going to a tournament, what should I do?" thread. lol.

Remember your zair and may Samus' hitboxes ever be in your favor.

Xygonn

Smash Ace
NNID
xygonn
Are miis legal? If so, practice with a mii main on anther's or something or hit up the mii boards. If you don't know the MU, you'll get killed. Source: I get destroyed by every mii because I don't know the MU.

Last edited:

❤ Nikodemus05

Zero Skill Spamus
NNID
Nikodemus05
3DS FC
3952-7737-9671
>MFW I got a strain of the flu virus and can't go anymore.

Sorry guys, and sorry to my wallet, I just threw $50 down the drain.

Afro Smash

Smash Ace
NNID
Afro_Smash
3DS FC
2938-6360-9529
>MFW I got a strain of the flu virus and can't go anymore.

Sorry guys, and sorry to my wallet, I just threw $50 down the drain.
I've got the flu as well and Lian is sick too, I think Sakurai is getting his revenge for the community complaint video...

MOM Samus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MOM_Samus_1
Are miis legal? If so, practice with a mii main on anther's or something or hit up the mii boards. If you don't know the MU, you'll get killed. Source: I get destroyed by every mii because I don't know the MU.
My friend whipped on a max small Mii and he killed me at 40% with D-throw into Up B. He had crazy mobility with the Helicopter Kick, so it drug me off the stage and into the blast zone.

Top Bottom