• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Going for the Kill?

AT_Ion

Smash Rookie
NNID
IonRobinson
Ok so I have played almost half the cast since the game came out on 3DS and then I got the Wii U version about a month ago looking for a character that am interested in with interesting options for movement, attacking and movement + Attacking (instant air float to use air normals on the ground is something that attracts me to Peach and her ability to pull Items out of the floor) and just recently in the past week I have settled on Peach as one of my Top 2 Characters including Kirby ... So I feel like I have been getting better with the way I handle the neutral game but that still definitely needs work and my biggest problem is going for the kill ... what are the best general options to kill a character and how should I change my neutral game for like "Kill Mode"? lol

I feel like when I go up against some characters when they have Faster normals that kill I get really frustrated ...
What are people threatened by with Peach what do you use to make people respect your Peach?

While I am saying all of this other things come to mind but those are more matchup oriented so I am gonna go look in that thread for those answers.

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
Forward air is great for kills! Surprisingly, UpB can kill now too, though you can't try to do it all the time...

This is more opinionated, but back throw has a little kill power. Not much, but it can work.

Sorry I can't give more advice!

AT_Ion

Smash Rookie
NNID
IonRobinson
Forward air is great for kills! Surprisingly, UpB can kill now too, though you can't try to do it all the time...

This is more opinionated, but back throw has a little kill power. Not much, but it can work.

Sorry I can't give more advice!
Thanks ... FAir is actually what I use most to try to get kills and FSmash ... last night I was trying to start reading Rolls to Hit with FSmash but it always seems like when people are recovering or when I feel like they are going to roll they roll right into the middle of my character and I don't get the hit ... I might see if I can upload some of my match videos when I get home so I can get pointers on my gameplay ...

Pippu

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BaffDurtum
3DS FC
4468-1508-6788
Peach has gotten a lot of kill moves in sm4sh

Her up b, dash attack, fair, usmash, uair, fsmash, sweetspot utilt, bair, high percentage side tilt, back throw, and a few of the items she can pull can kill too.
Peach is a killing machine in sm4sh compared to her counterpart in brawl.

Don't use Peach's fsmash often. Peach's safest kill moves are her back throw, bair, and dash attack. Dash attack is really good in securing kills. Her best kill move being fair. You have to be super careful with fair and be good at spacing with it because you can be punished super easily if your opponent reads that you're going to fair.

Best move to threaten your opponent with will always and forever be her turnips. To master and be a respectable Peach you must master her turnip game. Bair is good for spacing and pressuring too but it isnt as good as it is in melee, it sm4sh it has a short down time after using it where you cant do anything. You can shield cancel it though. There is a really good guide to peach that covers so much over here, its kinda out dated as you cant instant turnip pull anymore or 0-death combo anymore. You can find it here I suggest giving it a read

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
You could do what the guy above said

Oooor you could get that sweetspot tennis racket and get 0% kills on Little Mac with the DI :^)

byebye

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BigByeBee
yup agree with the posts. Peach has a good number of kill moves. nair is a good move with good knockback too btw.

so just continue to chip in damage - then when it comes down to killing percents - don't be too predictable and try to hit that fair or smash. just play your neutral. eventually you'll be able to land a bthrow, nair or whatever that will either kill, or get you in a position to setup the kill.

Pippu

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BaffDurtum
3DS FC
4468-1508-6788
yup agree with the posts. Peach has a good number of kill moves. nair is a good move with good knockback too btw.

so just continue to chip in damage - then when it comes down to killing percents - don't be too predictable and try to hit that fair or smash. just play your neutral. eventually you'll be able to land a bthrow, nair or whatever that will either kill, or get you in a position to setup the kill.
I forgot the mention nair. I feel really dumb forgetting to mention it. Peach's nair is super good in sm4sh, had a weird hitbox but it's excellent in offstage game.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Dash Attack is a kill move in this game and I have salivating over Peach since I found that out.

Killing is never easy with any character not named Diddy Kong. It's all about tricking the opponent into a mistake and then making the correct punish. Good characters can spam projectiles and put pressure on the opponent right outside their bubble to keep adding damage while looking for a kill move to land; Peach being exactly one of those characters.

The best place to land KOs is through ledgeguarding. If you've been winning you've forced the opponent to the ledge where they have limited options and you can respond to some of them with KO moves, notably fsmash and fair. Otherwise, just poking and prodding until I can land a dash attack.

Seriously, dash attack kills in this game whhhhaaaaattttttttt I will never be over this.

byebye

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BigByeBee
question, is there a sweet spot in her fair?
I swear I killed of a fair at around 70ish% before.

redruM

Smash Rookie
question, is there a sweet spot in her fair?
I swear I killed of a fair at around 70ish% before.
Yup it's possible. I think you can kill from neutral with Fair at like 90%, depending on the character.

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
float fair (kills at 90-95!)/bair

turnip gimps

upb/uair anti-air

b/fthrow

most of peachs moves kill

Top Bottom