• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Goddess buffs 1.1.6

Are you satisfied with the changes?

• Yes!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Neutral

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • No...

Votes: 12 75.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PHP

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PHPalutena
Let's stay optimistic guys, I have made this thread in advance to the patch which is confirmed for the announced 17th (at 3:00 in the morning).

If someone reports something, take it with a grain of salt until you test it yourself. If you can confirm the change give it the "(CONFIRMED HYPE)" tag.

Let's hope that she gets the frame data buffs she deserves this patch (^_^)

Last edited:

sjb.dario

Smash Apprentice
NNID
greatdario
Palutena is already pretty fine in the game for mid-high level play imo. So, I'm just going to expect for the worst and not expect any buffs.
That way, I'll be neutral about no changes or pleasantly surprised about buffs.

MzNetta

Oh no she betta don't
NNID
ParisNicholson
3DS FC
4940-5470-2081
Let's stay optimistic guys, I have made this thread in advance to the patch which is confirmed for the 17th (at 3:00 in the morning).

If someone reports something, take it with a grain of salt until you test it yourself. If you can confirm the change give it the "(CONFIRMED HYPE)" tag.

Let's hope that she gets the frame data buffs she deserves this patch (^_^)
Cant wait! Also where is it confirmed to be 3:00am on the 17th?

MOI-ARI

Smash Ace
NNID
TAISH0U
3DS FC
3523-2502-7558
Will Ftilt and counter not be rubbish once and for all?

Tune in next time for "PalutenaBoard Woes: Sakurai's Wild Spooky Ride: part 1,208"

HOM_Kaze

Smash Rookie
Jab frame first hit box made frame 4.

Reticle startup and endlag drop by 6 frames.

F tilt KGB buff by 20 so it could kill.

Side b on hit increased hit stun or increased KB. Reduce faf.

Counter damage buff and knock back debuff. Or damage reduction and knock back buffed.

Ground speed buff. (Not needed pee say but would be icing on the cake.)

MOI-ARI

Smash Ace
NNID
TAISH0U
3DS FC
3523-2502-7558
Welp maybe next time friends...

seems this patch was only for Bayo. Though there are talks that Palutena's Temple was buffed having its 'files less compressed' :^)

We are at least A teir now.

sjb.dario

Smash Apprentice
NNID
greatdario
Welp maybe next time friends...

seems this patch was only for Bayo. Though there are talks that Palutena's Temple was buffed having its 'files less compressed' :^)

We are at least A teir now.
I don't think it's confirmed yet. All we know is that Bayo nerfs were uploaded to the server. There is a possibility other things may pop out on Friday when the patch gets released.

Kinda like that Cloud situation. Before the Cloud patch got released, only Cloud and some Mii Fighter data was found in the server. Of course, everything else was revealed when the patch was actually released.

I'm not trying to raise any hope, but I wouldn't count anything out just yet.

MzNetta

Oh no she betta don't
NNID
ParisNicholson
3DS FC
4940-5470-2081
I don't think it's confirmed yet. All we know is that Bayo nerfs were uploaded to the server. There is a possibility other things may pop out on Friday when the patch gets released.

Kinda like that Cloud situation. Before the Cloud patch got released, only Cloud and some Mii Fighter data was found in the server. Of course, everything else was revealed when the patch was actually released.

I'm not trying to raise any hope, but I wouldn't count anything out just yet.
This is important to remember. This patch size is larger than that Cloud patch, and that had a lot of character balance changes and stage changes. We won't know anything for sure until it goes live.

Little_GotenSRK

Smash Cadet
NNID
Little_Goten
3DS FC
1048-9697-8273
I hope my girl gets better soon. Don't wanna switch to Yoshi just yet.

MzNetta

Oh no she betta don't
NNID
ParisNicholson
3DS FC
4940-5470-2081
I'm not seeing any changes as far as damage goes. DTilt might have less end lag but thats probably placebo.

sjb.dario

Smash Apprentice
NNID
greatdario
This is the most unhype patch lol.

Ah well. Back to the lab we go.

Strong-Arm

Smash Ace
NNID
stormfury
3DS FC
2836-0207-2430
Eh Im fine. I think Palutena is a completely underrated character who people call bad despite her results saying otherwise. Instead of getting down about no changes, im just gonna keep working on Palutena.

Also I do feel sorry for Bayonetta players. She was absolutely destroyed in this patch.

realmwars

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RealmwarssII
As much as I'm happy they didn't touch the goddess I'm also a bit upset that they didn't. Actually I feel they could have still touched upon some characters. Sure people had issues with Bayonetta but she wasn't the only issue going on. I'm sure there are a number of people who say "Hey the lower tier characters still need an extra push to make them better." Shulk and his terrible frame data for one and Ganon who SHOULD be keeping his trend of being buffed in every patch but was ignored this time (Now THAT is pure evil)

Palutena while I love her and find her my favorite character in the entire game I feel still needs an extra push. I'd say what but I don't want to repeat what others have said so I'll add in some things I want to see be done.

If f-tilt's speed doesn't get buffed than perhaps some hitbox adjustments. Maybe making it come out sooner? Or giving different kind of hit boxes. Earlier a f-tilt with KO potential was mentioned. Well how about this? Let's have there be a hit box before the staff really starts spinning and it just pushes the opponent back. Where as the actual staff is what can KO an opponent, that way you still have a way to stop an oncoming approach all the while having an option that can lead to a high reward at a risk.

All her specials I can agree need to have less end lag on them and her counter needs to start sooner I want o get a bit more specific and feel her reflect needs (if I can quote Code Ment for a moment) MORE STOPPING POWER! Like, make it more so of an actual wall that can push opponents back more. While it sort of CAN do that the distance it pushes doesn't do much in terms of slowing them down. Plus characters can still dash through it can get through the reflect barrier. The only character it can really gimp is Little Mac and let's face it gimping Little Mac is not anything special.

Also a little cosmetic change to Palutena's counter (aside from giving it better start up frames) have her say counter when she ACTUALLY has the counter triggered? It just seems more appropriate.

MOI-ARI

Smash Ace
NNID
TAISH0U
3DS FC
3523-2502-7558
I mean anything added to ftilt (b-sides more lag lol) would immediately improve it. It has a good idea, but the team came just short with the execution of it's implementation/use. It can stay the same in terms of lag, but should have 30% more 'active frames' or do ludicrous amounts of dmg to compensate (im thinking 10-12% each hit)

Just my opinion though. I don't design games. :p

Claxus

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Claxus
3DS FC
0146-8714-8870
It's kind of sad how pointless her F-Tilt feels. Like anything it does is outclassed by D-Tilt or U-Tilt. Doesn't even catch rolls for some reason, it's silly when people just roll into it and punish you. Slow, weak, super punishable... Personally, I think all it needs is to be safer on shield, make it harder to punish when spaced well. Basically, let her cancel out of it much earlier, so it can become a good footsies tool, it already has slow startup and it lasts long enough to be easily punished if it's dodged.

While giving it a longer-lasting hitbox matching the appearance would be nice, I don't think it will do much other than just give her another very situational niche of easier roll-punishes, which her other tilts can already do. Damage would help a lot, maybe, but it's inherently more of a zoning and poke tool, so it'd be weird to make it become a source of damage.

But let's be real... we can't hope for much after Palutena has only gotten a few laughable changes since the game's been out, not to mention totally ignored lately. I'd rather discuss what F-Tilt can do, because that's all we have for now, and as far as the foreseeable future. Besides, even F-Tilt has some alright uses, and Palutena is a very unconventional character, I think squeezing in niche use of 'useless' moves is what can really make her gimmicky moveset shine.

PHP

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PHPalutena
It's kind of sad how pointless her F-Tilt feels. Like anything it does is outclassed by D-Tilt or U-Tilt. Doesn't even catch rolls for some reason, it's silly when people just roll into it and punish you. Slow, weak, super punishable... Personally, I think all it needs is to be safer on shield, make it harder to punish when spaced well. Basically, let her cancel out of it much earlier, so it can become a good footsies tool, it already has slow startup and it lasts long enough to be easily punished if it's dodged.

While giving it a longer-lasting hitbox matching the appearance would be nice, I don't think it will do much other than just give her another very situational niche of easier roll-punishes, which her other tilts can already do. Damage would help a lot, maybe, but it's inherently more of a zoning and poke tool, so it'd be weird to make it become a source of damage.

But let's be real... we can't hope for much after Palutena has only gotten a few laughable changes since the game's been out, not to mention totally ignored lately. I'd rather discuss what F-Tilt can do, because that's all we have for now, and as far as the foreseeable future. Besides, even F-Tilt has some alright uses, and Palutena is a very unconventional character, I think squeezing in niche use of 'useless' moves is what can really make her gimmicky moveset shine.
I believe we have some information in the "Palutena default thread" if you want to check it out

Claxus

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Claxus
3DS FC
0146-8714-8870
I believe we have some information in the "Palutena default thread" if you want to check it out
Yeah, I was part of the discussion there myself, including F-Tilt. Thanks, though. It's just I'd rather have discussion like that than figure out how it should be buffed, especially when they even nerfed F-Tilt...

PHP

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PHPalutena
well It can catch landings and jab > jab> f-tilt can be used to rack up damage.

_Darkpit_

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5026-4651-4206
Dear Palutena mainer, dear Palutena players!

Sorry to post this but I need all of you.I think you all know of the counter problem with Lady Palutena. Thats why I prepared a video for you! I would develope more videos like that. Because of the counter bug its impossible to counter against the opponent. That can't be true!!!! In my opinion we should team upI My suggestion is that we write to Nintendo e-mails. What do you think?

Here is my video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kvWQmtvw9I

You can spread it in Youtube, Facebook, Miiverse (Palutena >SUPPORT< Community). I'm online to tell you that. I need all of you to reach this aim. Bayonetta was nerfed (edited) too!

Do you agree? Another suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom