• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

god... im so confused.

KMB23

Smash Journeyman
i've recently picked up playing with G&W, and i'll say i've been doing alright. I can do everything needed, it just needs some getting used to.. EXCEPT for shffling that **** fair. Is it just me or is this impossible to shffl??? everyone keeps talking about shffling fairs, but whenever i do it, it comes out to quick and does no damage! so whats going on??

timbu

Smash Apprentice
that's strange.

Keep practicing...the f-air is almost instant, and if it comes out, it's out. You may be hitting with it towards the end of its duration, but if you're shffling it, that would be unlikely.

Kyu Puff

Smash Champion
What do you mean by "comes out quick and does no damage"?

As far as I know SHFFLing his f-air is no different than SHFFLing any aerial. Just try to hit them with the fat part of the cake (not the edge) as it comes out, and hit L as you are about to hit the ground.

Edit: Actually... is there any sweetspot on it?

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
If you hit at the beginning it hits far. If you after words it does small hit back

KMB23

Smash Journeyman
if only i could put a video on or something. it just does no damage whenever i fully shffl it. i've tried at all different areas of it but it still doesn't seem to work...

Kyu Puff

Smash Champion
if only i could put a video on or something. it just does no damage whenever i fully shffl it. i've tried at all different areas of it but it still doesn't seem to work...
Oh, you're just starting it too late. Either practice hitting the c-stick while you're still rising/peak of your jump, or wait until you hear the "click" to fastfall it. The same thing happens with his n-air.

Top Bottom