• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gliding?

Elsavita

Smash Rookie
How does gliding works with the original nintendo wii controler?

None of the threads here did helped me out..

Some say press A as crazy, while A is taunting at my controller

I really appreciate it if you can help me out.

PS: If you could explain me wing refreshing too, it would be awesome. Guides use words like Side-B, While B is my shield.. ??

Villains

Smash Cadet
Gliding is just keeping the jump-button pressed?

And Wing-Renewal (i think u mean that one ^^) is pretty simple. Just do a short-hop, followed by up-B (so Wings of Icarus), then u make sure u touch the floor, while having WoI and then go in the air, and do an areal-attack. (up/down/neutral etc.-A in the air). It allows you to do contionue your WoI.

Elsavita

Smash Rookie
thanks, so I MUST touch the ground when starrting WoI?

ANd also, is it only possible to do this twice? because when I start my WoI in the air ( after interupting the other WoI) and I interupt it again, I'm unable to do a third WoI. ?

Thanks, I came farther :).

PS; gliding doesn't works smooth with original controler, i just discovered.

Royblazer

Smash Apprentice
Wing Renewal technically is to chase after opponents after you hit them off the stage, so you can ensure your recovery on the way back. The same technique can be used as to Pit's infinite jump (on stage). I forget if it has another term. But it's basically the same method, but not leaving the stage.

Gliding should be smooth on any controller. Just remember you can't go up without any downward momentum to begin with.

Elsavita

Smash Rookie
With the original nintendo controler (wii) + NUNCHUCK, it goes fine.

But, I rather play without nunchuck so..

There's only a controller left for me, since I don't got the gamecube one.. Might buy one though ..
to do gliding at only the original wii controler I have to press the up arrow twice, 3.. etc.

And than HOLD UP, And do some magic tricts with the left or right arrow key, this is QUITE annoying, since u can't make any SMOOTH curves with this.. If you understand what I mean..

The gamecube controller is just OVERPOWERED :dizzy:

Defencing, at the original wii controler goes hard, since the button is beneath the controller ( B )
And you got no finger left to put on the B btuton, well ofcourse you do, but it is annoying :p and with a gamecube controller I bet it wouldn't be that annoying to press defence :), since I see alot of people doing it, yes with gamecube control.

Deidara~Tail~

Smash Apprentice
Where you'd least expect, and don't say "unde
You must touch the ground when starting WoI, otherwise you won't regain your recovery and jump options and you might fall of the stage if you're outside of the fray.

But when we say touching the ground, it means that Pit's foot must touch the ground. (There's a difference between being on the ground and just touching the ground.)

Or to put it in another sense, the first glowing yellow circle of light that appears when Pit starts his WoI must have contact with the ground in order to use WoI again.

Another thing is that if you use WoI again too early during the Wing Renewal process, the second one won't last as long as the first one. So you have hang around in the air some by using glide or some midair jumps if you want the next WoI to last as long as the first one.

To answer your last question, yes, you can use WoI as many times as you want as long as you follow the Wing Renewal process.

Royblazer

Smash Apprentice
Ah, so you're playing with a Wiimote. I personally can't give any tips on that, I never got used to it. But yeah, the B placement was rather difficult to comprehend due to irregular hand position.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
I don't know if this has already been answered but, on a gamecube controler b is special moves button so if you see side b it just means side special.

Top Bottom