• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

glide toss?

skyace89

Smash Journeyman
can link actually perform a glide toss? maybe i just cant get the timing down correctly but i dont think he can do a glide toss. can anybody confirm whether or not he can?

linkskillsKILLS

Smash Cadet
I did not try for very long but from what i can tell Link cannot glide toss.... Which is lame...Hopefully I'm wrong. If anyone is able to glide toss please put up a vid of you doing it with link!

Eten

Smash Ace
Link can't glide toss. I did try very hard. You can throw items out of a shield, you know? Well in a glide toss you go into your roll and at the start you can actually still throw an item, even for link. Like, you can begin the rolling animation and then throw a bomb and you'll stop your roll. Reason why link doesn't appear to have any gliding component though is because once he starts moving, he's in an actual roll where his feet are off the ground. The other glide tosses that actually have movement all involve the character actually moving distance on their feet when they cancel out of their roll with the toss, which is where they get their momentum.

You can start a roll and before link does the whole "rolling" thing he can still throw his bombs and cancel his roll. He just doesn't have any momentum yet at that point. The same sort of things happens to Zero Suit Samus's backwards roll- she can't glide toss with it, only her forward roll. Check it out slowed down in training mode yourself if you'd like.

skyace89

Smash Journeyman
thanks eten for the info ill be sure to try it out.its a shame that he cant do a glide toss like everybody else though, just one more thing that link cant do.:(

Top Bottom