• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Giving PM a try

SuperWildYoshi

Smash Apprentice
I want to get into PM, though I have one simple question.

I have played Brawl since the day it came out. I have lots of trophies and achievements as well as cool custom stages ect. It seems like you need to delete all your stages and even the full brawl save to play PM online.

Is there a way to play PM without deleting everything or deleting minimal content?

Thanks

Nixie

Smash Journeyman
somehow it wasn't necessary for me to delete my save to play online, so you could at least give it a try on your original save

as for keeping your stages maybe try moving them to the SD card first and then onto your computer for safekeeping

CORY

wut
BRoomer
oh crap, i honestly forgot about the stages part...

yeah, hackless can't work without clearing stages : /

no other data should be affected, though, afaik!

MegaMissingno

Smash Ace
NNID
missingno
If you already have the Homebrew Channel installed, you can use that to launch PM without needing to erase your stages. If you really need to use Hackless instead for whatever reason, then you will have to delete them, but as mentioned you could back them up first.

You only need to worry about deleting your save if you want to play online through Wiimmfi. But, well, do you really want to? It's still Brawl's awful netcode, and it's a ghost town at this point. If your PC can handle it, Dolphin netplay offers a much smoother experience that the bulk of the community has migrated to.

SuperWildYoshi

Smash Apprentice
somehow it wasn't necessary for me to delete my save to play online, so you could at least give it a try on your original save

as for keeping your stages maybe try moving them to the SD card first and then onto your computer for safekeeping
Thank You! Can you still play online now through Wiimmfi?

If you already have the Homebrew Channel installed, you can use that to launch PM without needing to erase your stages. If you really need to use Hackless instead for whatever reason, then you will have to delete them, but as mentioned you could back them up first.

You only need to worry about deleting your save if you want to play online through Wiimmfi. But, well, do you really want to? It's still Brawl's awful netcode, and it's a ghost town at this point. If your PC can handle it, Dolphin netplay offers a much smoother experience that the bulk of the community has migrated to.
Yes I have the homebrew channel! Good to know I don't need to delete my saves! Though youre saying that PM is ghost town? So no players online or huge wait to find someone online? For me Dolphin is out of the question right now cause I don't have gaming PC.
oh crap, i honestly forgot about the stages part...

yeah, hackless can't work without clearing stages : /

no other data should be affected, though, afaik!
Thanks!

Top Bottom