• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

gimp

Juanda991

Smash Cadet
well, I have been in trouble because olimars recovery, every one edge hogs me, and now Im losing with people who i now im better, please help me, is there any tip?:ohwell:

ne_Ziggy

Smash Cadet
Well for one, press down+b to bring any purples to the front. They tend to knock people off the edge if they're edgehogging.

Don't be predicable, either. As soon as you're in range, people tend to recover to prolong their invincibility frames. Wait just a lil' longer then grab the edge then use up+b to grab the edge.

If someone tries to attack you off-stage, press down+b to Whistle. Being hit while whistling still damages you, but you don't get knocked away, and you can either counter, footstool jump off their heads, or continue to recover.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
don't double jump (onstage and midbattle) unless you're sure an attack will hit.

asob4

Smash Champion
save your jump so you can do a rising aerial to knock them off the ledge
whistle armor for your life!
too many times has that saved me from a WoP

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
That should be expected, seeing how his recovery is crap.. :p

Consider your 2nd jump your recovery, and be extremely careful of when you use it. Don't use it if there's stage beneath you. You can throw purples or do an aerial to knock them off if you must get the ledge. Or as a last resort, stage spike, like i did at 2:15 in this video: http://youtube.com/watch?v=_sxZsAKiXUE

Top Bottom