• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gimme feedback!

eagletrent242

Smash Apprentice
Ok so I finally got around to getting some matches uploaded. The first three are some matches against my brothers Samus. Neither of us were doing well that day but he was by no means playing half his best as is obvious by the numerous SDs. But I figured I'd get feedback anyways. So tell me what you guys think.

Eagle (YL) vs. Kajot (Samus) 1/3
Eagle (YL) vs. Kajot (Samus) 2/3
Eagle (YL) vs. Kajot (Samus) 3/3

My channel
Seriously though give as little or much as you want. I'm looking to get better :)

derfleurer

Smash Journeyman
Well, you seem to have a one-track mind with your projectiles. If anything, they're making your gameplay very sporadic. Remember, the goal isn't so much to hit the person as it is to limit their options. Read them and follow up with a charge or another projectile. You'll get a lot more use out of them that way.

Can't say much else right now. xD I need sleep.

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
I agree with derfleurer about the projecs. especially bombs, as you tend to throw them straight forward. try dropping them or light tossing them upward or even down. like when Samus is recovering, just tossing a bomb at her isn't going to do a lot. but if you drop one and connect a DAIR or something, byebye Samus lol

ledges : regrab for invincibility more, or at least what I'm noticing right now. edgehogging Samus is usually fruitless endeavor anyway, now that I think about it... but just sitting on the ledge isn't quite as good as dropping and regrabbing, still.

run around more. I see a couple of times where you may be paused in one place, never stop moving, it doesn't matter if it's a simple dash dance or you're wavelanding or whatever, just keep on moving and keep up the pressure.

bomb drops. I already mentioned it but...
sometimes when Samus is on a platform above you, a cool thing to do is get a bomb and run directly under her platform, and SHIELD, then throw the bomb up out of your shield. It's alarming how often this catches people. Don't try it on people who are too fast to platform fall and **** like Falco tho.

could be a little cleaner on wavedashing and movement stuff, but that comes the more you play.

I like how related videos are like, ****ing eagles battling in nature LOL

overall looking mad cute over there
tho you do seem control in the match most of the time (no offense to Samus player) but maybe you could up some vids of you and someone more... to your speed? So I can see how you react to more, hmm, "tourney" style situations

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
Work on ur l cancelling. I noticed u missed quite a few. As others have said, you proyectile game is a bit lacking. You should work on that. Your wavedashing was also a bit messy :p.

rhan

Smash Hero
I just watched the first match and I don't feel like going into much detail like how I usually do.

I'm lazy today and I got Pound 4 practice to go to at 4.

Well from what I saw you seemed a little stiff on how you play. You play smart. Just a little stiff. And at some point you were just throwing you're projectiles out there in the hopes that they would hit. Like I saw you throw your boomerang at the ground then shot an arrow. That's not all that smart....

Besides the projectiles you know how to use your up close moves. You do often do Nair -> Grab a lot. That works against fast fallers mostly. Samus is mainly keeping her off the ground. The Samus you played didn't know that she can CC everything you did to her until like 110-120%. Then just D-smash and **** face. Also she didn't use enough missiles to hope you off her ****. You combo'd into Dair often which is great to do against floaties. Uair is the perfect way to keep her in the air too and combo into Dair.

Overall review: Good YLink. Just need to loosen up a little. Become more active and just adapt to the play style. Also work on your projectiles. ;)

Edit: Wow..... That what I call "not much"?

eagletrent242

Smash Apprentice
Thanks so much for the feedback guys. I guess the reason I seem so stiff is because I've shifted more towards Falco in the past 2 or 3 months but am trying to get back into the YL feel now. I used to be more creative with my bombs and projectiles but I guess I've just gotten lazy. I would like to get more videos of my tourney play but haven't had a chance recently. I"ll get on that the next opportunity I get. I performed poorly at my last tourney but was given the advice to practice my mind games and to work on those more which is what my main focus has been so I do have a lot to work on. I've got 8 (that's a lot now that I think about it) more uploaded on my Youtube channel. It's only one day after my matches with Samus so there won't be much of an improvement if any but mistakes to correct none the less. You can watch or not. It's up to you but I welcome any help I can get! I love the YL forum and know you guys can really help me get better. I'ma go work on mah YL :)

Top Bottom