• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ghosties...ohhhh

Peeze

Smash Master
Alright peeps check this out, i've been seeing some pretty lame ideas so i was thinkg of something useful that could be in brawl , and this is all i could come up with:

I've been playing Smash Bros, for about 2 years now and I've never been able to beat my friend. He's been to rediculous amounts of tournaments, and has never been home with less than third place. I beat him last Friday, and i realized I've been getting better, much better, but how do i measure how good I've gotten? That's where my idea comes in:

If anyone's ever played Gran Turismo they'll know what I'm talking about. When you race a track, then race it again you can set up a 'ghost' image of your last race, and see if you've improved your time. How about implementing that in Smash? Save your best performance, (or somebody else's) and fight against it, see how long it takes you to improve against yourself. Yeah there are other ways, to monitor your progress, but Cpu's are too...lifeless, human actions are unpredictable and it's harder to play against, thus bam progress 2x faster.
So what do you guys think? eh... i thought it was good.

Edit: Oh yeah if this idea is crappy then mods will just close this, don't post smart alec remarks just say yes or no and reasons why or why not.

Peeze

Smash Master
Unless you tweaked it, like it would rank your skill level, based on oyur gameplay and the Cpu would fight the same way.
For instance, if you can Shffl, or RD, then the CPu would use Shffl and Rd's against you.
If you struggle with WD's then the Cpu woudn't do it.

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
i think is impossible...........

What you are saying is to fight against a ghost of another match... able to asimilate to the new fight and be able to do new things.

Thats just crazy.

Peeze

Smash Master
Its ironic that someone named Hydde, would call this idea crazy, but Kazuki and Pikmin it would be terribly hard to implement, not impossible, just it would take a lot of programming to implement.

SSJ4Kazuki

Smash Champion
Or better yet, have level 9 CPU ness be able to perfectly angle PK thunder to get a ledge,
or level 9 Ganondorf using the downB -> jump again, -> upB to recover.
Level 9 Link air-dodge hookshotting the ledges perfectly.
Level 9 Foxes shining you blind.

Stuff like that.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
meh. I really like the idea and all, but.....would it really work? I'm trying to imagine this idea right now. this is perhaps the best and the most possible way they can do this:
perhaps when you are recording your ghost data, you go through a "recording" mode and the computer "scans" your patterns. such as, if the computer uses a B attack, such as falcon punch,
you dodge roll behind him and hit him from behind. if you use it abundantly, say 3 times in one game, the game applies that strategy to a blank-ish CPU program and the CPU will do the same thing everytime you B-attack it. if you have a habit of say, double jumping all the time even when you dont need to, the computer will appy that same pattern to the CPU. if you have an odd button pressing pattern, perhaps to do an advanced move or a ken combo, the CPU will fill in that data and etc. the remaining data is filled with typical CPU data. well, thats all I can think of if my days of watching my friend code have paid off.

http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/7236/gothmapwl0.png

now gimmie a cookie.

Peeze

Smash Master
meh. I really like the idea and all, but.....would it really work? I'm trying to imagine this idea right now. this is perhaps the best and the most possible way they can do this:
perhaps when you are recording your ghost data, you go through a "recording" mode and the computer "scans" your patterns. such as, if the computer uses a B attack, such as falcon punch,
you dodge roll behind him and hit him from behind. if you use it abundantly, say 3 times in one game, the game applies that strategy to a blank-ish CPU program and the CPU will do the same thing everytime you B-attack it. if you have a habit of say, double jumping all the time even when you dont need to, the computer will appy that same pattern to the CPU. if you have an odd button pressing pattern, perhaps to do an advanced move or a ken combo, the CPU will fill in that data and etc. the remaining data is filled with typical CPU data. well, thats all I can think of if my days of watching my friend code have paid off.

http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/7236/gothmapwl0.png

now gimmie a cookie.
You've satisfied me in ways I never thought possible. Not only did you make my idea plausible you solved my location. I can't give you a cookie(a real one anyways) but you'll find a nice present in your CP.

Wallmaster

Smash Apprentice
I don't know. It would still be pretty predictable. Especially since it's your strategy, so you know exactly what the computer would do. It would definitely never be as good as fighting a human. It does sound like it might be good if you are working on one strategy, and you want the computer to replicate a certain pattern...

Gale_Ice

Smash Rookie
This would be stupid, they would have to do what they did last time, but it is a different match. There is no way to put your skill into the game for it to keep. Just stick with computers.

Top Bottom