• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Getting Started.

Cup Noodles

Smash Cadet
I needed a new post because I haven't posted in forums for a while

buuuut aside from that, I really do need some help getting started.

I honestly have been considering picking up Roy to play in tournament for PM 3.5 but I wouldn't know where to even start. For one thing, I'm a Sheik main in Melee, but in PM I just needed a character with a bit more...flame. All puns aside, I have used Marth a little bit, allowing me to get a bit familiar with the moveset. I don't want this to seem like I haven't played Roy at all, I mean of course I have, just not in any competitive environment.

I was wondering if someone could/would just point me in the right direction when it comes to maining Roy. Besides, I've come all the way to this forum section, that's a start! ;D

Thanks for and and all help.

P.S. - What are some technical things I can work on at home alone when nobody is around to help me practice?

-Cup Noodles!

Bag'O'Nuts

PM4LIFE
Definitely work on movement, spacing, and footsies. Roy demands top notch fundamentals. Thank god for Sethlon's guide :)

Binary Clone

Easy Money since 1994
Premium
PM Roy. Melee Roy is pretty much useless. The general ideas of the guide as far as fundamentals will help with any character though.

Salmon

Smash Cadet
NNID
SeasonedSalmon
Yeah to corroborate with what others said, Roy in PM is highly dependent on Smash fundamentals over advanced techs. (which he has) Spacing and stage control is pretty much integral. I find when playing Roy I think more than with other characters that require more inputs because I want to make my range and hit boxes count.

Top Bottom