• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Getting Started

_Gold

Smash Rookie
For roughly two years i have been in the competitive seen for brawl; won a couple local tournaments and it was fun, simple, a little slow, but good for what it was. I did not know what smashboards was or how big and amazing the community was and how big smash was as a hole. slowly it seemed like brawl was not doing it for me i wanted something faster and had some sort of combos so i looked to melee. But, to be honest i don't even know where to start. I main Marth and Dr. Mario but i would like to get into Falco and Mewtwo but i need to get comfertable with the game before i try them. As a kid i loved melee but coming off brawl which was so different i'm lost. Wavedashing seems impossible haha, i can do it but not when i want to or need to. Only in training mode. Lcancelling is not as bad a lot easier to do just hard to do every time i hit the ground. Also, this might just be me but i for some odd reason have a hard time short hoping whenever i'm playing i seem to smash buttons and obviously thats not good. i have trouble short hoping in the middle of games just because i'm under pressure, so any help would be great thanks so much this is my first thread :D

Top Bottom