• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Getting started.

Firefreak

Smash Rookie
I was an old fan of ssb64, well i still am, but i stopped playing for some years, but i want to get back in to the action.
I prefer netplay, which is why i am going to go with brawl, at least to start with.

I have an internet connection available(wired only).

I have a few questions.

What else would i need to get started?
- A wii which support a wired connection, but does every wii support wired connection?
- A version of SSBB, can it be any version of the game?
- A Gamecube controller, does any Gamecube controller work for a wii?

Thanks in advance, hope someone can help me get started :).

[Corn]

Smash Ace
1: The old wii's, the white ones with gamecube ports, can support a wired connection through the use of a LAN adapter. You can usually get those at like any gaming store.

2: If you're talking about no mods or whatever, any copy of your places brawl will do.

3: If you have a wii that supports gamecube controllers, like the old white one mentioned above, any gamecube ones should work.

Its pretty easy to get started.

Top Bottom