• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Getting out of being juggled.

Ilex

Smash Ace
I was just in a match with Marth and another one with Toon Link, and I find that it's near impossible to get out of them juggling your Olimar like he was tennis ball. Olimar falls slowly, and his aerials are nowhere near impressive when Olimar is above the opponent. Their moves seem to out prioritize Olimar's aerials and there seems to be no way out of it unless you try to DI to the edge, which is another dead zone for Olimar. So I'm wondering, what ideas or strategies do you use to get out of being juggled? I used search and nothing really relevant came up.

Pyronic_Star

Smash Champion
as they said... air dodge, use oli's super armor frames, and possibly adjust the timings of the aerials... you may be surprised at what it can get through... like ff into an aerial and normally the opponents timing is messed up and you can hit them and get down.

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
Stay off of Final Destination.

1. It is easier to mindgame approaches with platforms. In a game where there's no universal approach method, all approaches must be mindgames. This is why 99% of FD matches end up as camp fests, unless it's MK dittos or something..
2. Platforms give a place to land other than your opponent's sword. Sure, they could go on top of the platform to juggle you further too, but that gives you more options than just a flat stage. For this reason, you have more recovery options if you are sufficiently high up.
3. Platforms help you be the one under your opponent at times. And all of Olimar's up attacks are good for hurting the enemy.
4. There are some fun things you can do with platforms anyway. Not to mention, it's anti-chaingrab, and anti-combo for most characters, but you could still do 70% or so in 2 seconds because platforms do not interfere with what you're going to do, and only help.

Platforms FTW!

shrinkray21

Smash Ace
The easiest method is the SAF - more trust worthy than the air dodge at high damages - you can also try to DI toward the ledge - allow you to level out with opponents - but also try doing the dair early - the longer the aerial is out, the less damage is does, but it helps fight against people with high priority.

Top Bottom