• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Getting Online

Rien

Smash Rookie
I suppose this topic may probably be somewhere on this forum somewhere, so i apologize for my ignorance, but what is the method used so you can connect your Wii to the internet without a wireless connection? Is there some form of adapter needed?

Thank you

AAP

Smash Journeyman
ya mon,
Without wifi your best bet would be a lan adapter that plugs into your wii's usb ports.
i think nintendo makes a usb key that you can use as a wifi access point, but i haven't herd much of anything good about them and considering that most people that wanna brawl online upgrade to a lan adapter over wifi, I think that'd be your best option. As far as finding a lan adapter, most places selling wii's often have a lan adapter of some sorts. I have a third party one (intec i think) and it works fine, but nintendo brand ones are also available although i'm yet to see one. But i do live in Canada there eh, so we don't get all that schmancy original equipment stuff up here there ya-kno.

i'm sure they'd be available online as well.

Top Bottom