• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

getting around using claw grip

pufftops

Smash Rookie
so due to a finger surgery situation it seems i am unable to use claw grip for learning puff (sustained pain in finger necessary to claw grip)

how else could i possibly be utilizing c stick? tap jumping feels EXTREMELY difficult to do for me and messes up with my wave dashing, etc.

is there anyone way to be able to solidly use c stick for retreating aerials or will puff be basically impossible to play at an optimal level without the usage of c stick in the air

20YY SS | Saiblade

Obviously not biased towards Falco
3DS FC
3239-4949-5301
so due to a finger surgery situation it seems i am unable to use claw grip for learning puff (sustained pain in finger necessary to claw grip)

how else could i possibly be utilizing c stick? tap jumping feels EXTREMELY difficult to do for me and messes up with my wave dashing, etc.

is there anyone way to be able to solidly use c stick for retreating aerials or will puff be basically impossible to play at an optimal level without the usage of c stick in the air
You don't HAVE to claw in order to use c stick in air. Build muscle memory and it'll become easier. Good luck.

GenNyan

Smash Ace
If you pick up a spacie and practice shield pressure with 20xx (Or alternatively, on bowser handicap 9 damage ratio .5, with your handicap being 1), then it will speed you up considerably.

Also, tap jump can be grinded out and trained to feel normal, just like any other tech skill. Keep in mind you won't have to use it for wavedashing, as long as you can move your thumb to X/Y at a decent speed (Using Tap in the air and X/Y on the ground).

Trezz

Smash Cadet
I actually use Z for most of my aerials, for the most part only using C-stick for dair and smashes. I've found it to be pretty useful since I don't have to move my thumb to C-stick after I jump with Y. The only problem I've had with that though is sometimes I'll accidentally grab if I miss a jump or something (usually from like missing an l-cancel for example), but with practice that issue's gone away.

Top Bottom