• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pacific West Get Schooled III: SSBM & SSB4 Tournament

Get Schooled III: SSBM & SSB4 Tournament
Posted by +STR
El Dorado High School's Multipurpose Room
Saturday, May 7, 2016 - 11:00 AM
Until: Saturday, May 7, 2016 - 04:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: America/Los_Angeles)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/Los_Angeles

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

+STR

Smash Cadet
NNID
ishimarus
3DS FC
0490-5379-5957

Get Schooled III @ El Dorado High School
SSBM & SSB4 Tournament & Amiibo Raffle
1-on-1: Double Elimination

Brought back by popular demand, Get Schooled is here once again! Click here to visit our Facebook event page. Like last time, we'll be using Challonge for our brackets. Here's the link to Melee's brackets and here's Sm4sh's brackets. We have two new additions: a raffle with the prize of a Jigglypuff amiibo, and a SSB Wii U side tournament! I will also be selling Smash-related perlers for $4 each. Everyone is welcome to come and join the fun; there are no age restrictions, nor skill restrictions. Because of this, we would appreciate it if language was kept family friendly.
We will have nearby bathrooms open for the event, and also free water and snacks. Please take care of yourself and think of your health. Bring yourself a snack or even a meal if you need to.​

We need your help with getting complete Melee and SSBWiiU set-ups! Please help us out and bring whatever you've got. I'll be able to supply folks with multiple extension cords and a handtruck, as well as assistance with bringing anything in. If you have any more questions, just ask me either through Facebook or on here.
I can only bring one Sm4sh set-up and one Melee set-up.

Schedule:
  • Opening / Registration / Raffle Registration: 11:00AM - 12:00PM
  • Brackets / Raffle Registration: 12:00PM - 3:30PM
  • Closing / Raffle Winner Announcement: 3:30PM - 4:00PM
[SSBM, SSB4, & Raffle] Entry Fees:
  • Brackets Entry: $8 per person
  • Brackets Entry w/ full Set-ups: $4
  • Spectating & Friendlies: Free!
  • Raffle Entry: $2 per entry (You may enter as many times as you'd like.)
[Melee] General/Game Rules:
  • No items; 4 stocks, 8 minutes. Handicap is off. Pausing is on.
  • All sets are best 2 out of 3, up until grand finals. That's when sets will be best 3 out of 4.
  • There will be no Sudden Deaths. Tiebreaker battles will consist of 1 stock per player and 6 minutes.
  • If players who are up to play are missing, they will be disqualified after waiting 5-6 minutes unless a TO has been notified beforehand.
  • Stages will be picked via rock-paper-scissors like with usual tournaments and the winner will ban a stage, and the loser will ban 2 stages, and then the winner will ban 1 more stage after that, unless a stage is agreed upon without the Rochambeau duel beforehand.
  • Wobbling is allowed; freezing and infinite stalling is illegal.
  • Winning players are allowed to change their characters so long as they do it before the loser chooses their new character.
  • All types of controllers are allowed.
[Melee] Legal Stages:
  • Battlefield
  • Dream Land (N64)
  • Final Destination
  • Fountain of Dreams
  • Yoshi's Story
  • [Counterpick] Pokémon Stadium
  • If both players agree, they may play on an illegal stage, or even on the same stage as before, so long as the players' beginning match started on a starter stage.
[SSB4] General/Game Rules:
  • No items; 2 stocks, 6 minutes. Handicap is off. Pausing is on. Random character selection is allowed. Equipment is off.
  • All sets are best 2 out of 3, up until winners’ semifinals and so on, as well as losers’ semifinals and so on. That’s when sets will be best 3 out of 4.
  • There will be no Sudden Deaths. Tiebreaker battles will consist of 1 stock per player and a 2 minute time limit.
  • Please be prepared to play when you're up! If players who are up to play are missing, they will be disqualified after waiting 5-6 minutes unless a TO has been notified beforehand.
  • The Gentleman's Clause is allowed if both players agree to play on an illegal stage.
  • No amiibos may play for you.
  • No customs are allowed, nor are Miis.
  • Winning players are allowed to change their characters so long as they do it before the loser chooses their new character.
  • All types controllers are allowed.
[SSB4] Legal Stages:
  • Battlefield
  • Dreamland 64
  • Final Destination
  • Miiverse
  • Smashville
  • Town & City
  • [Counterpick] Duck Hunt
  • [Counterpick] Lylat Cruise
  • If both players agree, they may play on an illegal stage, or even on the same stage as before, so long as the players' beginning match started on a starter stage.
[SSBM & SSB4] Prizes:
  • 1st place: 60% of entry fee money collection
  • 2nd place: 30% of entry fee money collection
  • 3rd place: 10% of entry fee money collection
Where do I sign up?

All three sign-up sheets will be in the same room as the tournament (which is a multipurpose room with tons of space). There will not be a sign-up sheet online. Of course, if you do sign yourself in via the RSVP system, we will expect you to be there unless stated otherwise.

Links:
El Dorado County Smash Facebook
+STR's Facebook
Melee Challonge
Sm4sh Challonge

+STR

Smash Cadet
NNID
ishimarus
3DS FC
0490-5379-5957
Bosh! You know what to do. I'm hoping this GS gets more attendees than the previous ones.

+STR

Smash Cadet
NNID
ishimarus
3DS FC
0490-5379-5957
Hate to post twice in a row but I had to change the date so GS3 could still happen! So now it'll be going down on May 7th.

+STR

Smash Cadet
NNID
ishimarus
3DS FC
0490-5379-5957
How many people attended the last GS?
There were 24 competitors who signed up, and a few guests showed up along with them too, making oh, I'd say around 30~ attendees! I'm sorry that I didn't reply to your post sooner, my phone didn't alert me about it!

Link Storm

Smash Apprentice
There were 24 competitors who signed up, and a few guests showed up along with them too, making oh, I'd say around 30~ attendees! I'm sorry that I didn't reply to your post sooner, my phone didn't alert me about it!
Thanks! And that's alright, it was just something I was curious about. Even if there were few at the last one, I'd be attending since it's rare for a tournament with smash 4 in the El Dorado/Cameron park area

+STR

Smash Cadet
NNID
ishimarus
3DS FC
0490-5379-5957
Thanks! And that's alright, it was just something I was curious about. Even if there were few at the last one, I'd be attending since it's rare for a tournament with smash 4 in the El Dorado/Cameron park area
No problem! And I'm hoping that this one will bring in even more new faces. :)

+STR

Smash Cadet
NNID
ishimarus
3DS FC
0490-5379-5957
A friend of mine wants to know if there will possibly be 2v2 brackets for Sm4sh. I didn't see anything about 2v2 in the info above but I just want to make sure.
Unfortunately due to time restraints, we won't be having any doubles brackets for either games. I'm sorry. :( Team friendlies are definitely welcome though!

Link Storm

Smash Apprentice
Unfortunately due to time restraints, we won't be having any doubles brackets for either games. I'm sorry. :( Team friendlies are definitely welcome though!
Thanks for the info! My friend will also be attending, we just like team battles and wanted to make sure.
I do have one more question (I literally just found that this is a thing that happens). Will wireless controllers be allowed? I use a Wii u pro controller and just can't adapt to anything else. I just found out that some tourneys ban wireless controllers because of how time consuming syncing is.

+STR

Smash Cadet
NNID
ishimarus
3DS FC
0490-5379-5957
Thanks for the info! My friend will also be attending, we just like team battles and wanted to make sure.
I do have one more question (I literally just found that this is a thing that happens). Will wireless controllers be allowed? I use a Wii u pro controller and just can't adapt to anything else. I just found out that some tourneys ban wireless controllers because of how time consuming syncing is.
Yes, all controllers are allowed! I personally don't have any problem with people using them.

Top Bottom