• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Get In The Game And Play - General Backyard Sports Character Thread

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Hey guys. This thread is used to discuss Backyard Sports characters in Smash Ultimate. This is also a repository for individual character threads. A Backyard Sports character is one of my biggest pipe dreams in terms of Smash characters, even though I myself got into the series recently. It's just a good series in general. Feel free to share your thoughts on which of the Backyard Kids should be in Smash, and I'm also going to give my own thoughts, along with what content should accompany a Backyard Sports character in Smash Ultimate.

Supporters:
SneakyLink
Doc Monocle
Silenthunder

Threads:

Annie: https://smashboards.com/threads/thi...down-annie-frazier-for-smash-ultimate.509852/

Kimmy: https://smashboards.com/threads/the...chine-kimmy-eckman-for-smash-ultimate.512425/

Maria: https://smashboards.com/threads/the-pink-princess-of-the-outfield-maria-luna-support-thread.511156/

Pablo: https://smashboards.com/threads/the...ourt-pablo-sanchez-for-smash-ultimate.509853/

Reese: https://smashboards.com/threads/the...play-reese-worthington-support-thread.510151/

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I remember playing the Backyard Baseball game and thinking Pablo was broken. So if any of the kids gets in, it should (or shouldn't due to his power) be Pablo.

So will support this concept.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I just added the support lists for each and every character, with Ashley and Sidney treated as one character because they're basically a single unit that are only useful if you have both of them on your team.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I believe that a Backyard Sports character in Smash has to come from this list, as these are the most recurring characters in the series:

Achmed Khan
Annie Frazier
Ashley and Sidney Webber
Dante Robinson
Dmitri Petrovich
Kiesha Phillips
Pablo Sanchez
Pete Wheeler
Reese Worthington
Ricky Johnson
Tony Delvecchio

All of these characters appeared as a playable character in at least one of Backyard Skateboarding, Sandlot Sluggers/Rookie Rush, and the 2015 mobile app, and were retained with the series revamp with Backyard Baseball 07, making them the series' most prominent characters. I'm only going to create the support threads for these characters, but if you want to see any of the other Backyard Kids in Smash Ultimate then feel free to create their threads.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I just edited this thread, including adding links to all the individual character threads.

Doc Monocle

Smash Ace
RileyXY1 RileyXY1 , posts like the one above may be thought of by others as 'thread bumping,' which occurs when a non-substantive post is used to sustain thread visibility. I would recommend keeping the thread alive by encouraging conversation about the series. For example, I know nothing about Backyard Sports beyond what you have shown me, so as a passerby, I am counting on you to catch my interest. That is a very difficult art, and I struggle with it myself.

Try putting yourself in the mind of a salesperson/journalist/historian/casual conversant, and convince your next reader that there is something interesting to discuss about Backyard Sports, its development, its history, its relevance to Smash Bros., its content, and news regarding its developer and how that news affects the series in a relatable way, but do it naturally...

So have you any inkling what is happening with the series to this date?

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
RileyXY1 RileyXY1 , posts like the one above may be thought of by others as 'thread bumping,' which occurs when a non-substantive post is used to sustain thread visibility. I would recommend keeping the thread alive by encouraging conversation about the series. For example, I know nothing about Backyard Sports beyond what you have shown me, so as a passerby, I am counting on you to catch my interest. That is a very difficult art, and I struggle with it myself.

Try putting yourself in the mind of a salesperson/journalist/historian/casual conversant, and convince your next reader that there is something interesting to discuss about Backyard Sports, its development, its history, its relevance to Smash Bros., its content, and news regarding its developer and how that news affects the series in a relatable way, but do it naturally...

So have you any inkling what is happening with the series to this date?
The series has been inactive. There was a mobile game in 2015 but it didn't catch on, but people still actively play the older titles.

silenthunder

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
0490-6839-9144
My team is Pete Wheeler, Reese Worthington, Ricky Johnson, Pablo Sanchez, Dmitri Petrovich, Annie Frazier, Kimmy Eckman, Achmed Khan, and Dante Robinson. Pablo is my favorite! He's my pitcher most the time, but Reese Worthington got my first run. Someone walked him to first.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
My team is Pete Wheeler, Reese Worthington, Ricky Johnson, Pablo Sanchez, Dmitri Petrovich, Annie Frazier, Kimmy Eckman, Achmed Khan, and Dante Robinson. Pablo is my favorite! He's my pitcher most the time, but Reese Worthington got my first run. Someone walked him to first.
That team has everyone I created a support thread for so far.

silenthunder

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
0490-6839-9144
I'm 2-0 baby. After my first playthrough being 0-4 though. I think I'm getting the hang of this! Kimmy Eckman was my pitcher this second game and held them to 0. I won 1-0. I can't bat for heck.

Last edited:
Top Bottom