• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gentleman Methods

Dominus Felis

Smash Apprentice
The first method everybody learns for gentleman is A->A->A+Z, and it works, but it's hard. If you press A before Z, or Z before A (within some window), you get rapid jabs. Most people aren't able to do this consistently and it's easy to see why. I'm here to suggest some alternate methods.

A->A->Z. Because Z is just a macro for R (or L)+A in melee, you can just press Z for the jab, since the Z input implies an A input already. Doing some experiments on myself I found this much more consistent. I wasn't able to find anyone else mention this online. This is currently the method I use.

A->A->flick either stick in either direction->A. This is the S2J method, but broadened a little. You don't have to go down, and you don't have to use the control stick. Recommended for players who have problems with their right index finger getting tired.

A->A->L or R->A. I don't really see a reason to use this, but I included it because I thought it was useful. This is the root cause of the Z methods.

Dominus Felis

Smash Apprentice
You can also use d-pad up to between 2nd and 3rd jab, so that's another method. I actually like this method a lot because it's one the only times I get to spread some love to my left hand.

Top Bottom