• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

-GENERIC "HELLO" MESSAGE-

Ace Merrill

Smash Rookie
'arro. Name's Ace, and I'm an alcoholic a Smash enthusiast, but you prob know that already. Adressing the five points in the sticky:

• Who do you main in 64/Melee/Brawl/SSB4?
I main Roy in Melee and Ike in Brawl. I have never played a Fire Emblem game in my life, the playstyles of them are just ones that I like, and ones that I'm good with if I say so myself. Never played 64, and I'll likely end up maining Ike in 4. Secondary mains are Ness in Melee and Wolf in Brawl. Also never played Project M, I might start if I get enough convincing.
  • Why have you joined Smashboards?
With 4 coming up, I figure I need a place to smcrash and discuss it as it comes up. I'm also looking to get into comp, and improve on my Ike and Wolf skills.
  • Do you attend tournaments? Do you want to?
I've taken part in "casual" tournaments with friends, but as far as I know, there isn't a lot of true competitive in the UK, so no on the first one. I would quite like to, as previously stated.
  • Talk about your intrests outside of Smash Bros.
I take part in competitive TF2, I main Medic and I'm the captain of my own little UGC highlander team. We'll be starting in the fall season, and we're also looking for substitutes in case one of the main roster is missing. I need to have 10 posts to put links, so my profile id on Steam is bryll and my hl team's group id is VenusBlue. Other than that, i'm only 16, so I'm heading into the last year of secondary after summer, so that takes up a bit of my time. My spare time is either Smash, coding (I mostly do Java, Python and HTML) and skating.
  • What other communities are you a part of?
I'm a regular on a couple of TF2 servers, but other than that, it's just here.

If anyone wants to ask anything else, I'll be happy to answer 99 percent of the time.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
GENERIC HELLO RESPONSE

TF2 is cool, I was way into it for a while but it became disgusting since I just played pubs and had no interest in competitive or hats.

or competitive hats

Last edited:

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Not going to lie, I saw Roy and Ike represented as your mains and I was like "Omg, just like me, yay, another FE fan!" It's okay that you haven't played any of the games, though, I've always encouraged people to play the games of the characters they truly like. For me at least, I just appreciate them more and I feel as though I play better. That feeling is probably just in my head and I'm simply being a fanboy, but whatever.

Regardless, welcome to the boards!

Ace Merrill

Smash Rookie
@ ndayday ndayday Yeah, a few of the pubs are pretty disgusting cough cough four snipers cough cough but I don't really play a lot on pubs, I mostly hang around the cheev/trade servers I frequent and a couple friendly comp matches every now and then. The first update to have new weapons in over a year is coming soon, so that might be an alright time to start getting back in for oldies.

@ Hokori Hokori I've actually been meaning to get Radiant Dawn for a while now, but whenever I have spare dosh I've had other things in mind. Would getting it off eBay be a good move?

Hokori

Great King of Evil
@ Hokori Hokori I've actually been meaning to get Radiant Dawn for a while now, but whenever I have spare dosh I've had other things in mind. Would getting it off eBay be a good move?
Radiant Dawn is wonderful, you won't be disappointed. And getting it off of eBay sounds fine to me. Of course, just make sure you follow standard eBay customer procedure - check the seller ratings, item descriptions, yadda yadda.

Last edited:
Top Bottom