• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

General Play style of Wii Fit? [Wanting to Pick up Wii Fit]

InsaneSanity

Smash Rookie
NNID
InsaneSanity
3DS FC
3797-7902-2713
Hello guys.

I want to start picking up Wii Fit. I've seen the likes of AceStar and John Numbers using Wii Fit but I am completely new to the character.

What is a general play style of Wii Fit? It seems easy to play campy but she seems capable of being aggressive with lots of creative strings.

Thanks guys.

C4RDIN4L

Hachachacha
NNID
zbot09
3DS FC
3454-1311-6010
Switch FC
SW 4949 5867 3952
yeah, you have to play campy and force approaches, wii fit can heal herself which kind of prevents other characters from taking minor % leads and timing you out. having a good grab game is really important as wii fit because you have a lot of tools to force shield so taking advantage of that can be pivotal in close matches. honestly i'd say camp and punish is the general name of the game with WFT, and shff nair is probably your best punish since it leads into SO MUCH STUFF at almost any %.

Passcety

Smash Rookie
off the bat, camping can be the safest and go-to for Wii Fit, but once you get used to how their attacks work and general movements, being aggressive is definately an option. It's kind of tricky sometimes due to lack of range, but you can throw a projectile and break them to dive in.
Don't forget how Wii Fit moves! Ducking can help a lot, and jumping alone can help you dodge a ground attack and land a neutral air on them for advantage. (You can fool a bunch of people falling from above into a last second down smash attack, it looks like you're ducking and gets useful at higher %)
Oh, and remember the moves that hit both ways! You can trick people, like if you approach them, you can run and hop over them, throw out a front air last second and hit them with the back of your foot, land quickly, do a neutral A where the foot hits them back, dash into them, etc
And one last thing, the hula hoops when you're recovering against someone chasing you offstage are great. When you hit them, you can gimp them easy if they don't react to it in time, or if you bump them into the curved stage ledge at higher percents, they're pretty much done for. It's fun!

But yeah, you can go defense or offense with Wii Fit once you're used to things! Have fun with them!

SteadyDisciple

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rorrim
The general consensus on how to play WFT seems to be that (s)he's best suited for more defensive play, but in may ways acts as a jack-of-all-trades character. You can use header cancels for approaches, have two good projectiles and a very low crouch for camping, three spikes for getting early kills offstage and a great recovery, and odd hitboxes that can help immensely in footsies. While you're likely best off playing defense, don't be afraid to abuse your opponent's weaknesses either.

Kaiduru Zeta

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kaiduru_Zeta8
3DS FC
1332-7842-2519
Definitely more defensive. You have a plethora of things to use as WFT such as Sun Salutation and Header. I'd stay away from the opponent BUT be sure to punish. Best of Luck!

Top Bottom