• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

General Installation Issues

Shadow Flare

Smash Rookie
So this is my first time ever modding anything on a wii, so I may be a bit noob-ish, but I really can't figure out where I'm going wrong with trying to download and run Project M. I unzipped the file and moved it to an adequately spaced sd card, like it says, but whenever I try to run PM from the stage builder, it loads for a bit and comes up with the regular screen for making a new stage. I've tried restarting Smash and all that, but nothing seems to be working. However, whenever I load the stage builder without the card, it loads significantly faster, so at least I think it's trying. Could anybody help me? :)

Last edited:

jam3s007

Smash Cadet
Is it a 2Gb non sdhc sd card? Did you delete the stages present in the stage builder? Are your GC memory cards removed? You have the hackless version correct?

Last edited:

Narpas_sword

Betting you messed up steps 3 and 4 on the Download page.

• 3. Unzip the file and open the folder that comes out.
  • 4. Move the contents of that folder to your SD Card.

Shadow Flare

Smash Rookie
Is it a 2Gb non sdhc sd card? Did you delete the stages present in the stage builder? Are your GC memory cards removed? You have the hackless version correct?
I used a 4gb SDHC card... whoops :p
Yeah, aside from that, no custom stages or gamecube cards, and it's the hackless version. I'll see if I have any other non-sdhc cards on hand.

Last edited:
Top Bottom