• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

General combos

Status
Not open for further replies.

False

Smash Lord
NNID
Falsified
Falco’s u-throw to u-air at 0% (FAIRLY CERTAIN)

Sheik’s d-throw to u-air for a kill around 100% (POSITIVE, CHARACTER SPECIFIC) You can also d-throw and f-air and generally land any other aerial as a follow up

Fox’s dash attack to up-tilt, Fox’s d-air to up-tilt, (generic Brawl strings)

Donkey Kong’s b-air to up-air to up-tilt

--

Does Falcon's d-throw to fair work?

False

Smash Lord
NNID
Falsified
Additionally, I think it may be worth to post 50-50s here as well. (For example. in Brawl at low-mid percents, Marths forward throw was a 50-50 because you either air dodged or got hit by fair)

--

I believe Doc's (and maybe Marios?) d-throw to fair at specific percents are 50-50s.

Marth's DTHROW (at low percents) sends people STRAIGHT up, so you can follow up with an u-air and I'm positive they're forced to air dodge or get hit.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I was able to find a lot of early percent combos with various characters. Uptilts combo well like Brawl's did, such as Toon Links, Mario's, etc..
As far as throw combos go, I was getting mileage out of Up-throw -> Fair at ~0% as Bowser. I tried doing other things like Uair and Nair but could never land it without getting Air Dodge'd. Mario's Dthrow is also godly for comboing, you can get uair and utilt strings with it.

Dakpo was able to do combos with ZSS's Dthrow even through to like 100%. Dthrow -> UpB seemed like a true finisher against a ton of characters.

EDIT: Looks like Dedede is capable of D-throw -> Nair/Fair.

Last edited:

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
Pretty much every character has throw combos. Shiek can go dthrow -> fair -> fair -> jump -> fair -> fair at 0% on heavyweights and maybe even normal weights.

Low %s Rosa can go upthrow -> upsmash and up throw -> up air at mid or high percents.

D

Deleted member 245254

At ANY percent, sonics spin jump combos in to uair, nair, or fair. Take your pick.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
(Demo knowledge only)

Megaman can combo metal blade into grab

Megaman falling u-air combos into a double jump u-air

Megaman bair can often combo into another bar

Megaman d-throw combos into nair (close shot) or fair depending on % and DI. If they DI towards you then you get a free u-air or a punish on their air dodge/jump.

Megaman can combo d-tilt into u-tilt and u-smash into u-tilt at lower %.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Why is Dedede the best?

You can combo anything into Gordo or Gordo into anything. D-throw into nair, fair, bair, or u-air depending on % and DI. At most mid/low % you can combo a fair or bair into another of them.

D

Deleted member 245254

Why is Dedede the best?

You can combo anything into Gordo or Gordo into anything. D-throw into nair, fair, bair, or u-air depending on % and DI. At most mid/low % you can combo a fair or bair into another of them.
I have definitely noticed the coming of the Gordo in my DDD matches.

Something interesting to note is that, as Sonic at least, a spin will reflect the Gordo back on to DDD. I'm sure other things could have the same effect, but yeah.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Lots of things reflect the Gordo back at D3. It can be painful.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Around roughly 70-80 percent or so (I need to confirm the exact range, as I don't tend to think in numbers naturally), Mario can get dair off a dthrow. It's great near the ledge in particular.

It also seems that a 0%, Link can get a dash attack following a back throw.

False

Smash Lord
NNID
Falsified
Guys, I've done some testing with IE when he was over.

Essentially, since footstools can't be teched, all characters can be footstooled out of most grabs and then jab locked. Therefore 2v1s have the potential for infinites just as Brawl did. I will upload videos soon, it's in my stream archive. (I hope they weren't deleted.)

Also: I don't know if this has been noted but you can only jab lock 3 times before they're force reset.

Last edited:

Overswarm

is laughing at you
It's important to note also that there is no grab armor anymore, at least not with any character I've played. If you expect to get grabbed, mash your jab and the hitbox stays out after you get grabbed and separates the grab. It's pretty sweet.

False

Smash Lord
NNID
Falsified
@ Overswarm Overswarm I've noticed that as well.

Also another combo I've discovered with Villager is that at mid percents, if you hit Lloid Rocket while you're on it, you'll jump off and be in the perfect position to fair the flying opponent. 2-hit combo.

I've done it before, but you can also hit Lloid Rocket to footstool. I don't know how we can utilize that for a follow up just yet, however.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
@ Overswarm Overswarm I've noticed that as well.

Also another combo I've discovered with Villager is that at mid percents, if you hit Lloid Rocket while you're on it, you'll jump off and be in the perfect position to fair the flying opponent. 2-hit combo.

I've done it before, but you can also hit Lloid Rocket to footstool. I don't know how we can utilize that for a follow up just yet, however.
I have done Rocket -> Footstool -> Pocketed Thunder as a string, dunno if it's a real combo (was CPU opponent).

Might be a setup for that damn bowling ball strategy for double villager.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
I'm sure everyone has seen Mario's dthrow combos at this point in time.

Robin sideB and arcthunder both multi hit for long enough to get some follow up. I've been getting long range sideB -> thoron fairly consistently, a pretty flashy finisher.

ZSS uncharged blaster combos into stuff. Ftilt at close range, dash attack at long. Dash grab works sometimes as well, but seems a little more unreliable.
ZSS down smash still combos, but not as well as brawl's. Stun doesn't last long enough for dsmash -> dsmash -> follow up. Can still get basically anything after the first dsmash though.

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
In regards to the gyroid into footstool, I can't seem to set up a jab lock due to Villager's floatiness. It's probably possible, but not in every situation. Having a way to chain into fsmash would be really helpful for Villager

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I'm unsure about it do to vectoring, but I've recently found that Megaman's d-throw -> fair, when you fast fall, puts Megaman in a permanent advantageous position that leads to 50% off of one grab unless the opponent uses their jump (in which case its a different ball game).

I wish I had training mode, as I'm really confused about how fast falling is affecting move landing lag. I can do some combos with megaman in the demo only when I fast fall and I can't make heads or tails of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom