• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gen VI RMT: Bring The Pain

mood4food77

Smash Hero
Team hits quick and hard. Not bad for a 20 minute creation

Tyranitar @ Smooth Rock
Sand Stream / Mild
252 SpA / 252 Spe / 6 Atk
Stealth Rock
Crunch
Fire Blast
Ice Beam

Sets up rocks, kills other leads, and sets up sand for my team to utilize. Might go megatar over it but I'm liking the 8 turns of sand too much.

Azumarill @ Choice Band
Huge Power / Adamant
252 HP / 252 Atk / 6 Spe
Aqua Jet
Waterfall
Play Rough
Superpower

Standard band set. He basically tells Blaziken to **** off. Great revenge killer. No flash and all sass.

Talonflame @ Life Orb
Gale Wings / Adamant
232 HP / 252 Atk / 24 Spe
Brave Bird
Flare Blitz
Roost
Swords Dance

Talonflame is stupid. Hits hard and fast, can set up if he wants to. Great late game sweeper. Bulkier set to take some hits, has come up clutch a few times.

Garchomp @ Garchompite
Rough Skin / Jolly
252 Atk / 252 Spe / 6 HP
Dragon Dance
Outrage
Earthquake
Fire Fang

It's a sand team and it has Garchomp. It sets up, sweeps, and doesn't stop being awesome.

Excadrill @ Air Balloon
Sand Rush / Adamant
252 Atk / 252 Spe / 6 HP
Swords Dance
Rapid Spin
Earthquake
Rock Slide

It's Excadrill, he's still really freaking good. Rapid spin for Talonflame. MVP of the team.

Alakazam @ Focus Sash
Magic Guard / Timid
252 SpA / 252 Spe / 6 HP
Psychic
Focus Blast
Shadow Ball
Dazzling Geam

Needed a special sweeper who did good against fighting types and chose these monster. Hits hard and fast. Used to carry a life orb but focus sash has come up in much more useful situations.

I went from 1000 to 1700 in 30 minutes. It's not perfect but I'm asking what I should do to make it better. Was just looking for some outside help, team is really fun to use

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Zygarde seems like the obvious weak point of the team

and you've got no mega

Maybe megachomp? Sand Force with Outrage/EQ/Fire Blast/Iron Head (does it even get iron head pre pokebank? I can't remember, w/e stone edge would work fine too) does some good damage and Zygarde is REALLY REALLY BAD so I think that would work way better.

Edit: also nothing on your team can switch into mamo except drill with balloon up that could be an issue lol

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
Switching into Mamo in general is pretty hard unless you're like, Skarmory lol. Some pokemon are just like that. Mamo has been "The anti meta" for some time now.

Also what's the point of Megachomp over Zygarde? It would do literally the same thing without access to boosting. I'd have actually stuck with Dragonite personally. It can do literally the exact same thing as Zygarde only better.

Speaking of chomp though, youre team is really really weak to Scarf Chomp. It outspeed everything except for Excadrill in the sand and can OHKO everything on your team except Azumari.l. Actually dragon types in general just sort of dump on your team. Goodra could also pretty easily KO most of your team. Gyarados is also a gigantic problem. Nothing on your team likes going -1 and you've got a monster of a water weakness. +1 also outspeeds alakazam and i dont THINK you can OHKO it?(Idk, I use a weird fast Bulky Gyarados so i might be wrong.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
i've had no problems with goodra so far but that could be because of bad players

the only reason i chose zygarde over dragonite was because of typing, it resisting SR and being immune to sand have actually been pretty good

water types give me trouble, i almost lost to a mono-water team

a +1 jolly gyarados outspeeds alakazam but a lot of people are running adamant so alakazam wins

i was thinking using megachomp, same typing as zygarde while being stronger

i'll try everything out though, thanks

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
zygarde might benefit from running a bulkier spread. It could also go the garchomp route and run a yache boosting set that could have some potential catching its opponents off-guard. it 100% needs a way to hit togekiss that's better than extremespeed though.

this team is weak to anything that can't be revenged by excadrill. Alakazam lacks power to be an actual revenge killer with no boosting item, and multiple speed-boosters mean you're in trouble if you have to rely on zam to beat both of them (or, say, if somebody used mega-gengar to trap and break alakazam's sash).

i feel like LO on talonflame doesn't work as well because it doesn't help it beat the threats it struggles with; either lefties for survival or cb for power. since it seems like you have trouble with dragon dancers in general, perhaps you could use cb talonflame to do a bit more damage to them and change alakazam into a sashed calm minder (very underrated and still a good back-up to revenge-kill).

Top Bottom