• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GEN V OU RMT: "Noob, rain is banned."

Enzo

Smash Lord
Uber in OU (Deoxys-S) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock
- Superpower
- Spikes

rain is ban (Politoed) (F) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Hidden Power [Flying]
- Ice Beam
- Hydro Pump
- Focus Blast

DirtySanchez (Toxicroak) (M) @ Black Sludge
Trait: Dry Skin
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance
- Substitute
- Drain Punch

Flying Grape (Tornadus) (M) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Defiant
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Hurricane
- Grass Knot
- Focus Blast

bro, my eyes (Sableye) (M) @ Damp Rock
Trait: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 168 Def / 80 SDef / 8 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Rain Dance
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Taunt

4 nubz onlyy (Kingdra) (F) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Swift Swim
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Dragon Pulse
- Draco Meteor
- Ice Beam
- Surf

Deoxys s does deoxys s stuff
set up etc. nothing aside from opposing from opposing deo-s outspeeds this at the start of the battle, so i run adamant 252 attack to guarantee ohko superpower on ttar that love to switch from u-turn genesect, and ttar out of the way makes my team work 10x better

Toed does revenge killing/while setting up drizzle. 2hkos breloom switch in with pump who think they can outspeed me :awesome:

Toxicroak is there primarily because my old rain team had trouble with blissey/chansey and he works great in rain, decent synergy with tornadus. Immunity to toxic also helps so he can switch in with no fear on one of the pink eggs

Tornadus is a menace in rain. Its super duper fast, hurricane 120 power 100% accurate and chance of confusion is dumb. Choice specs just makes it even more rediculous. "special walls" not named chansey/blissey will get ***** by this thing in a easy 2hko. resisted only by rock and steel, those things still lose a HUGE chunk of health.

Kingdra @ specs pretty much speaks for itself. kinda like tornadus cept stronger but gets walled by Nattorei (nope not ferrothorn)

Sableye @ Damp rock.......oh god i ****ing adore this thing
Taunt ***** stall
will o wisp ***** physical attackers and works with recover to stall another stalling mon
recover
Raindance is ****ING ****. What happens so many times, ttar switches in on a completely weakened toed, toed dies. put in kingdra and surf. person leaves ttar in so his other pokemons dont take surf from kingdra and ends up dieing. then switch in sableye let him do his thing until hes about to die then set up priority rain dance and let kingdra sweep.

ISSUES my team faces:
Hax
Zapdos, nothing on my team can really hit him hard (bar kingdra but still only 2hkos) and he hits all of my pokemon very hard
Ditto if he copies kingdra
more ill add later.

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
you should explain why you chose each poke under their set, not in the end. I dunno why you did that.

Theres no point in maxing out your attack and speed for deoxys when its main purpose is to set up hazzards and its only move is superpower. Give it more bulk. so it can utilize the leftovers and set up more layers.

You can replace Sableye with Porygon2 since he pretty much walls Zapdos.

I'd also make politoed modest, since you don't outspeed anything significant with timid.

Hurr.... 3 choice users, an almost certain suicidal lead, and a reserve rain dance maker. The only real attackers you have are you choiced ones, and they might be forced to switch out. Once you lose some of them, the remainder of your pokemon won't be hard to take down.

I would give deoxys a reconsideration of its uses. Since you seem to mainly use it as set-up, I would say make it extremely benefical to your team at setting up by making it a dual screen user.

Deoxys-S @ Light Clay
Ability: Pressure
Nature: Timid/Jolly
EVs: 252 Hp/ 252 Spe/ 4 Def
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock
Taunt leads, half physical or special defence moves from the screens for 8 turns, and set-up stealth rock. It even has better late game usage if it survives by being able to set-up screens again. The screens make it easier for your other pokemon to set-up too.

Politoed is good. Kingdra is good. Toxicroak is good. No changes there.

Since you have infinite rain, I see no apparent reason to use sableye. Sableye is really only needed as a back-up and I think you can keep politoed alive since you are using it as a revenge killer.

I say switch tornadorus with Thundurus and make it your reserve rain maker.
Thundurus @ Damp Rock
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 SpAtk/ 252 Spe/ 4 Def
Nature:
- Rain Dance
- Thunder/Volt Switch
- Taunt
- Grass Knot/ HP Ice

This gives you extra power against bulky waters and a way to counter other dragons if you do not want to risk losing kingdra.

In place of losing sableye, I would say add a defensive pokemon of some type. Water reduces fire, so thinking of a pokemon that can abause that is not a bad idea.

Overall, it looks good, but I see some holes popping up if you lose some key pokemon unexpectedly and therefore lose the match because of it.

Top Bottom