• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gen 6 Pokebank

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Aegislash @ Life Orb
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Quiet Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sacred Sword
- Shadow Sneak
- Iron Head

Wrecks *******

Garchomp @ Leftovers
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SAtk
Naive Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast

Gets money (rocks)

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 56 SAtk / 220 Spd / 232 HP
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Cleans up yo act

Togekiss @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 88 SDef / 248 HP / 168 Def / 4 Spd
Bold Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Air Slash
- Roost
- Thunder Wave

#dragons

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SDef
Relaxed Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Synthesis
- Earthquake
- Giga Drain

252 +2 Atk Adaptability Lucario (+Atk) Close Combat vs 248 HP/252 Def Venusaur (+Def) : 53.44% - 63.09% lol

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Dragon Pulse
- Roar

*** eq

RMT

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
36 views 0 replies

This isn't even my good team guys I know you can do it

ss118

Smash Master
This team is actually like 10x worse because of the heatran. None of your other pokemon I can really count as set up fodder, so the first two pokemon that wrecked this team off the top of my head(M-DDTar and M-DDGyara) really couldn't find moments to get going until I noticed Heatran. This would simply be rectified by using WoW over one of your moves(I don't like roar but I assume you have it there for reasons so instead I'll suggest Dragon Pulse). It seems like a fine team otherwise with no immediate weaknesses... M-Kangaskhan causes some problems if it gets in on heatran too because it will throw out a free 2xPoweruppunch and if you don't have Aegislash to go to then you might find yourself in some random ****. I would also watch out for free switch-ins you give up with togekiss, especially Rotom-W who can throw out a burn that no one on your team really likes(Heatran, but heatran vs rotom-w isn't fun for heatran even with the boosted Magma Storm). Because of team preview you would know about these issues beforehand so I'm sure a player of your calibur could work around it... again, I just see Heatran as a common exploit for this team because it can be worn down simply by having to switch in once and it doesn't have the offensive prowess to immediately threaten a team like previous generations, and your opponent will be able to shift momentum back to their favor.

Edit: I actually went and played with this team, and my biggest issue is that after a point you rely a lot on switching to cover different threats. That is fine and all, but I'm afraid there are a lot of team compositions that like to overlap threats that share counters so that when a team is spread thin covering pokemon(like this team), then it falls through when you take a ****ton countering one thing with one pokemon and then something else comes in threatening it out because you can't afford to let it die else you get swept by something else in the back. I know this sounds vague but at least ulti has me.

tldr; too reaction based of a team. This aegislash is a beast, though.

Edit: this team also hates opposing togekiss once aegislash is gone.

Edit3: this team is so weak to mega lucario wtf.

Go! Venusaur!
Pointed stones dug into Venusaur!
Lucario has Mega Evolved into Mega Lucario!

The foe's Lucario used Swords Dance!
The foe's Lucario's Attack sharply rose!
Turn 9

Venusaur has Mega Evolved into Mega Venusaur!

The foe's Lucario used Crunch!
Venusaur lost 40.8% of its health!

Venusaur used Earthquake!
It's super effective! The foe's Lucario lost 67% of its health!
if it CCed I would have died.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I play incredibly prediction oriented with my teams in general, so any flaw regarding heavy reliance on reaction/prediction doesn't even occur to me.

Also Mega Venu is like one of the best Mega Luke counters in the game, when you describe this team as "mega luke weak" when I have probably the most reliable mega luke counter one can carry... you understand why I think Mega Luke is so crazy.

Also I'm not seeing how you would've died from that log. Venu mega evolving for the first time implies you were at high % coming in, and when Mega Luke CCs it gets -1 Def and gets OHKO'd by EQ. If it doesn't, it fails to 2HKO and you kill it. I'm not following.

I could see WoW on tran but I run such an offensively oriented set that it kinda sucks. Without DPulse I can't finish off weakened stuff most the ttime (EVERYTHING IS IMMUNE TO GROUND) plus not being able to break tran balloons and if I do it over EP I lose to other tran, which I'm obviously trying to avoid here, free momentum and kills off most heatran sets with this tran set is pretty nice. Roar generally functions well enough over WoW, and I can't beat Bulky Talonflame if I run WoW (Magma Storm does exactly 57% after the vortex damage, so Roost + Lefties fishes for a miss). I just don't think it can fit on offensive Train.

ss118

Smash Master
it crunched first, dealing only 40.8% but with SR it left me at 48% leaving me in KO range for CC.

You mentioned "getting outsped by every scarfer in the game" as a way to play around M-DDTar, but don't accept it as a way vs M-Lucario? I understand that these are two different threads so I shouldn't bring them up but I kinda believe that to be utter hypocrisy lol

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Bullet Punch can clean scarfers not named Gene/Keldeo... and even deal with them if they're like at 30%. M-TTar has no form of priority.

But yeah I see your point now. It's not exactly mega luke weak since it carries one of the few defensive checks for Mega luke, and it's been pretty reliable so far, but it can become I problem I guess if luke takes no chip damage setting up. Shadow Sneak can still revenge after M-Venu goes down if that happens though. I'd need a lot of bad stuff to happen for Mega luke to actually beat this team.

ss118

Smash Master
I think what this comes down to is that I shouldn't play your teams because you try to do cool **** like outplaying the opponent but I just want to hit things so I tend to do stuff like Shadow Ball randomly with Aegislash and then SS even if it doesn't kill for the ****ton of damage it does, but then get worn down because your team isn't exactly built to capitalize off of momentum in that exact manner. xD

I do like the team btw, I just don't play with the style required to abuse it(probably has a lot to do with analyzing the opponent's team in team preview, but im too lazy for that haha)

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
If you wanna just hit stuff I made a team for that you could try out.

Tyrantrum @ Choice Band
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Head Smash
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang

Deoxys @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 244 Spd / 32 Atk / 232 SAtk
Mild Nature
- Psycho Boost
- Ice Beam
- Superpower
- ExtremeSpeed

Genesect @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Download
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 Atk
Naive Nature
- U-turn
- Flamethrower
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt

Kangaskhan (F) @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: Scrappy
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Return
- Fire Punch
- Sucker Punch

Blaziken @ Air Balloon
Ability: Speed Boost
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Protect
- Flare Blitz
- High Jump Kick

Latios (M) @ Expert Belt
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Thunderbolt
- Surf
- Defog

And yeah, Deo-N is Pokebank OU Legal.

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
maybe you could fit another paralysis move on this team (maybe on rotom-w but it likes all of its current moves) to better abuse aegislash and keep your defensive venu healthy to check the threats it needs to. i also could see mold breaker exca causing minor problems once it gets rid of the balloon on tran since it can eq and 2hko venusaur (probably?). you also don't have a great way to deal with last-pokemon setup, particularly calm minders if aegislash is gone. beyond that, i dunno. just quick thoughts

Top Bottom