• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GC to PC adapter

sunburst777

Smash Rookie
This has probably been asked countless times but i don't see a "have a quick question get a quick answer thread" so lets get this done so this thread can die in the depths of the forum

Currently playing PM on dolphin but not with a gc controller. What are some reccomendations the community has as to what adapter i should get

Fearful if i get the cheap option that there will be input lag
Fearful if i get the most expencive item i waste money:035:

Links are appreciated

Please and Thank you~

LucasSNM

Smash Rookie
I have this one:

It's the cheapest option out there (It's from Mayflash). It has a bit of input lag, but if you pretend to play casually it'll do just fine. Apparently not all of them support wavebird controllers, mine does (but I only have one wavebird, so I didn't try with two: i've also read about mayflash adapters that support 1 wavebird but not 2; anyways, if you're worried about the input lag, wavebirds have more input lag that normal joysticks). It also has support for the analog function of the L and R buttons. I heard that the Raphnet one has less input lag, but it's also more expensive.

Last edited:

Bazkip

Smash Master
Get the Mayflash 4-port Wii U adapter, it's just as good as the Nintendo adapter. It also has a switch for Wii U and PC modes. Dolphin recently added native support for the Wii U adapter, and the Mayflash works with that on Wii U mode, which is superior than the PC drivers it comes with. The new versions of Dolphin don't currently work with PM netplay though, so for now you'll have to use it on PC mode, but eventually it'll be updated.

http://www.amazon.com/Mayflash-GameCube-Controller-Adapter-nintendo-u/dp/B00RSXRLUE/

sunburst777

Smash Rookie
Thanks for the responses!

To recap:
The mayflash 4 port works just as well but doesnt correct the values of a ****ty controller.

So assuming I'm using an official Nintendo controller, i should be fine correct?

sunburst777

Smash Rookie
With the new release of game cube controllers that shouldn't be too much of an issue

Thats everything i need though appreciate the replies~

LucasSNM

Smash Rookie
With the new release of game cube controllers that shouldn't be too much of an issue

Thats everything i need though appreciate the replies~
I wouldn't be so sure, some people criticized these new gamecube joysticks Nintendo's making. Don't remember why, tho'.

Top Bottom