• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GC Controller Question

A_Phoenix_Down

Banned via Warnings
I am desperate to use my GC controller but I can't for obvious reasons... there's no adapters right now for less than 100 dollars.

So I was thinking about just buying that Mayflash adapter that connects to the Wiimote and then wireless to the Wii U.

Dare I do such a thing? Thanks in advance

Raijinken

Smash Master
A friend of mine uses a similar setup. The lag is noticeable for me, but may not be for you.

And I do believe more adapters are being made, but it's up to you to decide if it's worth the wait.

Jae55555

Smash Rookie
NNID
Jaeeeee
3DS FC
0275-9833-1212
No way. Just get a PDP controller. They are officially licensed by Nintendo and feel exactly like regular GC controllers because of that. The plug directly into your wiimote and they are $25. They also come in 4 characters (Mario, Luigi, Peach, and Yoshi). Wario, Link, DK, and Samus are coming out soon. I have the Yoshi one and the Peach one (for my girlfriend). I am definitely getting Wario and Link when they come out. They also all have matching wiimotes although you have to order the yoshi wiimote from Japan... which is fine.

A_Phoenix_Down

Banned via Warnings
Does PDP feel as good as the GC controller? I want the GC bad but I have no idea when they're gonna release more product... so I figured I might as well get something until they release more.

Also the Hori Battlepad is identical to the GC as opposed to the PDP. Not really sure if one of the controller are cheaper though

Last edited:

link-a-link

Smash Cadet
NNID
Linkaden
i have both a gcn adapter and a pdp controller, while the gcn adapter is my preferred choice the pdp is definitely 2nd. As to how it feels, its no original gcn controller, but it'll do the trick. I say wait for the adapter to be restocked and in the meantime just buy a pdp controller, It'll serve its purpose as a next-best thing. cheers

GeNo-BreaKer

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GeNo-BreaKer-01
3DS FC
1220-6182-2346
LOL PDP controller. Use the HORI GCN wanna be pad, not PDP. HORI's products are of much higher quality compared to PDP's products.

SmashXX

Smash Cadet
I've had the Mayflash Adapter for some months now, somewhere before Mario Kart 8 was released. It feels exactly the same as the Wii U Gamecube Adapter but you get no rumble feature due to obvious power reasons. As for the lag, I have none, it all depends on your television and how you have it set up.

Before you buy it, you must know that the adapter will only work on older models of the Wiimote, I have two old models and a recent one, I assume the older models are ones without Motion Plus included but here's a better explanation of compabilty:

After testing different kinds of Wii remotes with the Mayflash GameCube adapter, I realized there are 3 of them so far:

1.The oldest original Wii Remote (Model Product# RVL-003),which WORKS VERY FINE.

2.The earliest Wii Remote PLUS with Motion Plus Inside (Model Product# RVL-036),that contains one of the few serial numbers,which also WORKS VERY FINE:
LMA-RVL-WR/F-C0,LMA-RVL-WR/M-C0,
LMA-RVL-WR/M-C2,LMB-RVL-WR/F-C0,
LMB-RVL-WR/H-C0,LMB-RVL-WR/M-C0,
LMB-RVL-WR/M-C2,LMB-RVL-WR/Z-C2,
LMB-RVL-WR/F-C3,LMC-RVL-WR/M-C0,
LMC-RVL-WR/M-C2,
etc.
(*LAST DIGIT* ending with 0, 2 & 3)

3.The newest & latest Wii Remote PLUS with Motion Plus Inside with an external "SYNC" button on the battery cover (Model Product# RVL-036),that contains one of the few serial numbers which are NOT ALWAYS WORKING:
LMA-RVL-WR/C-C4,LMA-RVL-WR/Z-C4,
LMA-RVL-WR/Z-4M,LMB-RVL-WR/Z-C4,
LMB-RVL-WR/Z-4M,LMB-RVL-WR/Z-C6,
LMC-RVL-WR/Z-4M,
etc.
(*LAST DIGIT* ending with 4, 6 & over)

The first & second Wii remote versions works really OK with the adapter, who makes the GameCube controller acting ONLY as a Wii Classic Controller or Wii Classic Controller PRO with no "ZL button" (the instructions of the adapter are also shown on Mayflash.com for more infos). Unfortunately, when I plugged the adapter with the third & latest Wii remote version, it became incredibly buggy,repeatedly goes in and out of the Home menu, and does other crazy things for 1-5 min sometimes. It seems that the newest version works better with official Nintendo extensions, but is barely compatible with 3rd party extensions like the Mayflash adapter. The RVL# & serial# are shown inside the battery location after removing the battery cover of the remote.

=)

alape8

Smash Rookie
I believe Gamestop is shipping out another batch of adapters tomorrow (the 15th) so perhaps other distributors will have some as well in the near future?

A_Phoenix_Down

Banned via Warnings
I believe that was just rumors. I decided on the Hori Battlepad since it got much better reviews than the PDP... if stock does finally come, I have no problem competing for $20 adapters. If I do miss out again at least I'll have the Hori!

Top Bottom