• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GB's King Dedede Video Critique Thread

greatbernard

Smash Apprentice
I want to keep this out of the sticky because I don't necessarily think my videos are of good enough quality to be standard. I just want to post up videos of me playing For Glory 1-on-1 just to provoke thought and discussion on match ups.

So feel free to critique me. And feel free to post your own videos which I can critique in turn.

KING DEDEDE vs MARTH

Notes:

I don't think this Marth was a particularly good one. Good Marths are usually more aggressive and better dodgers. I repeat the same moves a bit much here. And Up-B on stage is a sin. I don't think I did "bad" here, but this was one of my earlier videos. I was also using my Gordo's a bit too indiscriminately.

Last edited:

Karthage

Smash Cadet
At ~17 seconds, after you spit marth out, you started charging an usmash, that seems incredibly risky. Wouldn't something like leaping at them with a fair be better? I think they can easily avoid the usmash with good air control and punish, or in marth's case run right into it with a counter.

At 1:10, you down throw then try to double jump fair and miss. A single jump uair would have landed I believe.

You really should aim to go below the ledge and then up B for the easy sweetspot. If your opponent tries to go for spikes, you can usually recognize that it is a possibility well before it happens and either dodge it with fast fall, hit them with an aerial first, or up B to get back to the stage before they can reach you. You don't need to go right for it, because it has so much lag.

I feel like you used neutral B way to much, and that most players will punish you heavily for it.

Top Bottom