• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganon's Jab over F-tilt?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DankImpact

Smash Rookie
So at this point I've accepted the fact that Ganon has some useless moves, in 99% of your gameplay at least(Neutral B, lol). However, something that's been bugging me is Ganon's jab. I swear it comes out only like 1 frame faster than f-tilt, and it has barely any less end lag. To top it off, it does less damage and unlike f-tilt it actually has a sour spot which does something like 4%. Is there something I'm missing, or should I just always opt for f-tilt instead of jab?

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Welcome to the boards, dude.

For future reference, these sorts of questions are best suited here: http://smashboards.com/threads/ganons-cauldron-of-questions-ganon-q-a-thread.367152/unread

To answer you though, jab has the virtue of being 2 frames faster and about 2 frames less cooldown, which, despite seeming insignificant, can be life-saving in some contexts. Not to mention, some secondary benefits are that if you use FTilt to punish all things which jab could also punish, you stale it and diminish your KO potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom