• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganon's invincible ledge options

XLAX_OVERDOSAGE

Smash Apprentice
http://imgur.com/a/XLruG

I apologize for the potato quality, as I have no recording device, so I captured Ganon's ledge options on my phone while messing around with 20XX TE collision bubble options. Here are a list of his options while still invincible in no particular order.

1) Invincible jab: His only possible invincible ground attack. Very useful as the jab itself hits on frame 3. Relatively easy to input, as you simply just DJ out of ledge onto the stage and jab immediately

Please note: DJ uair off ledge is the only aerial ganon can use off ledge that won't require him to upB back on stage, so take note that all of these options can make you vulnerable if you use these options unsafely.

2) Invincible bair: Great edgeguarding tool, but I only suggest using this once you have already grabbed ledge, and you're covering someone's recovery. Very useful on spacie recovery as you won't get hit from the flames if done correctly.

3) Invincible uair. Great edgeguarding tool, espcially against those recovering at an angle, as it grants you to get the tipman spike while invincible. This is the only aerial ganon can regrab ledge with after his ledge DJ.

4) Invincible dair: Stylish edgeguarding tool. Not as optimal, as this slow move will make you have to upB right after it's use, making you vulnerable to get back on ledge.

5) Invincible fair: Another sub-optimal move, as it will require you to precisely upB back on stage after the hit, and the timing is tight. Only go for this move if your opponent is at high enough damage to knock off stage or get a kill, otherwise it's simply not worth it.

6) Grounded invincible uair: One of his - if not the - most useful invincible attack at his arsenal. Not only is it far safer than the rest of his options, but it covers a good range on the inside of the stage, as it is also one of his fastest aerials. I recommend using this if you want to get a fast hit in when you don't think jab would work, or when you've grabbed ledge to edgeguard and they land on stage close enough for you to hit them.

7) Grounded invincible nair: Sub-optimal, as it has less range, and the timing is much more precise than the grounded uair. However, most people think uair is ganon's only grounded aerial option out of ledge, which makes it interesting to note.

8) Invincible perfect waveland: Crucial part of ganon's ledge game, and possibly one of the most useful tools for ganon in neutral(especially considering ganon's neutral game is one of the most flawed aspects of his play).

9) Invincible ledge regrab: It's interesting to note that you can do both high extremity and low extremity ledge regrabs and still maintain invincibility, making it less strict than other characters' ledge regrabs. This is mostly due to ganon's low DJ height, which makes it convenient for his ledge tactics.

10) Invincible ledgedash/haxdash: IMO ganon's hardest ledge tech, as the timing is very tight. You must time the DJ, spacing on the ledge, wavedash back, and fastfall after the wavedash perfectly to execute this. Once you've got the hang of this tech, it will make every other tech seem like a breeze. IMO not as useful or safe as ledge regrab, but it is a movement mixup, as may trick the opponent into thinking you're going for a getup option, in which you could punish with an invincible jab.

11) Tournament winner: Not really an invincible option, but I felt like showing how high his invincibility frames can get. I could go into options out of the tournament winner, but to stay on topic I won't. Also the best tournament winner in the game, indisputably making him the best character in the game as well.

12) Sub-optimal invincible option, as you will be vulnerable shortly after. Another flashy option if you want to trick the opponent, or if you think the opponent will shield.

Ganon has more non-invincible options as well that help him gain center stage and cover more range. If interested, I could go into that later on.

Last edited:
Top Bottom