• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganondorf's Lagless air attacks

Warrior_J

Smash Rookie
Hey all, I've been experimenting with Ganon's air attacks lately, and most notably his lagless down air (tsorming). I assumed that Ganon also had other attacks that had a certain frame where you could land safely without any lag.

So I started with Ganon's up air attacks and stumbled across a height at which Ganon can land it clean. Then I tried with the back air and found a correct height as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jd6byCR6CtY

Ive uploaded a video to show what I mean. In the video, I start with Ganon's up air attacks at different heights to show the lag that occurs when you land. Then I do 4 lagless up air's so you can see the difference. I then proceed to do the down air, up air, and back air in succession to give an idea of the speed that Ganon can actually achieve with these tactics.

I have attack assigned to my c-stick because i found it easier to use for this, and it allows me to keep momentum with my analog stick, (as seen in the second half of the video.)

I'm experimenting with changing Z to jump, and making X grab instead, so I can pull off the up air even earlier then jumping with Y normally. (Been able to hit an opponent in front of me with with Z doing a short hopped lagless up air, as opposed to being unable to using Y.)

Dont know if this is known yet, but if not - then everyone will be refreshed.

Eriko

Smash Cadet
Actually, the trickiest aerial to lag cancel is the dair. uair and bair pretty much automatically cancel if you short hop it.

Eriko

Smash Cadet
You short hop and down aerial right away. Ganondorf lands upright with no lag if you do it right.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
You short hop and down aerial right away. Ganondorf lands upright with no lag if you do it right.
Oh that? lol I'll stick with "auto-canceled dairs"
56K wtf your sig scares the **** out of me
Yes! :laugh: That's my goal.
all of the attacks can lag cancel except for n air I believe
Nair lag cancels if you full-hop it. There is no way to lag cancel fair though, you you just gotta take the lag. Even if you full hop and then double jump then fair, you will still land with lag o_O The animation lasts way after the hitbox ends.

Neo M.J

Smash Apprentice
Its kinda hard to cancel lags, but at the right hight its possible. Its best to to use the attack while rising, giving you the longest air time, thats what I do. And I never thought I'll see 56K here:laugh:!

Top Bottom