• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganondorf's Jab should reflect energy projectiles & Ftilt should reflect physical projectiles

JayWon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JAYW1N
3DS FC
3754-8914-3121
I'm sure I don't have to go into detail on Ganondorf's weaknesses. He just doesn't have many different useful movesets in his arsenal. His Jab, Ftilt, Dtilt serve very similar, one dimensional purpose, and with these buffs it'll make Ganondorf feel more like Ganondorf without breaking the game.

It's just appropriate. You want me to salute the sun? Bam! Punch that nonsense back at ya like a boss. Oh no, you think you can chop a tree at me? Kick that foolishness back at ya like a boss. I mean it's not unorthodox to imagine so and it's pretty canonical (e.g. Ocarina of Time)

It's just so hard for Ganondorf to approach characters that spam projectiles especially with his slow dash and very few lack of approaching options.

The reason why for separating it to two different moves is because it makes it feel more "technical" which is always cool/interesting and just makes his move have distinguishable properties.

Let Sakurai know?

Last edited:

kro_

Smash Apprentice
Why should he be able to kick back arrows and trees? Sounds a bit awkward to me. Cancelling out projectiles with jab doesn't sound too stupid, though reflecting is a bit much.

Last edited:

JayWon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JAYW1N
3DS FC
3754-8914-3121
Why should he be able to kick back arrows and trees? Sounds a bit awkward to me. Cancelling out projectiles with jab doesn't sound too stupid, though reflecting is a bit much.
Maybe only reflects with perfect timing

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
I'm not really against the idea, but it would seem weird.

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
Only reflect projectiles with jab. if it's something like Link's Arrows then they can be clanked out. The Tree can be tanked with Warlock Punch already. That said it should reflect stuff because it's Ganondorf. Canceling projectiles leaves you open and we would all love to reflect Arcfire spam on that Robin person.

Last edited:
Top Bottom