• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganondorf Up-B Distance Comparison [image included]

Do you like Ganondorf's third Up-B, Dark Vault?

• Yes! The extra height really helps with Ganon's recovery issues.

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Nah, Ganon's other Specials are more my type and/or just better.

Votes: 12 50.0%
  • It's not the worst choice for Up-B but not my personal preference.

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • If I ever use it, it'll be to recover from my epic Wizkick disrespects.

Votes: 5 20.8%

• Total voters

Abbey Street

Smash Apprentice
NNID
abbeystreet
3DS FC
4511-0701-9758
At the request of a fellow Ganondorf main, I'm posting a quick comparison of the height Ganondorf reaches with his Up-specials (used on the ground).

On the ground, Ganon's Dark Dive and Dark Fists reach just high enough to get onto the top platform of Battlefield. Dark Vault, however, reaches well beyond that, with his feet about Jigglypuff's height above the platform at the top of the jump.
In the air the vertical distance is slightly reduced for Dark Dive and Dark Fists...not sure about Dark Vault though, will double-check later. (I don't think Ganon loses distance in the air.)

Feel free to use and abuse this picture to your heart's content. If there's any other visual comparisons that you would like me to do up, no matter the character, just give me the buzz and I can do it. (Note that I'm restricted to the 3DS for now though.)

In the meantime however, above is a poll on Dark Vault, just for fun.

Last edited:

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
Really, it's all dependent on the sets Ganon will be running. Imo, x331 or x332 are fairly decent, though they focus more on defensive measures than anything else.

Enderwoman

Smash Journeyman
Dark Fists and Dive go the same height? I can't believe that, Fists feels like it goes higher than Dive. I never reach with Dive but Fists has never gotten me killed from not being able to reach.

Last edited:

Blobface

Smash Lord
NNID
everyone1 (Bob)
3DS FC
3454-0482-6740
Dark Fists and Dive go the same height? I can't believe that, Fists feels like it goes higher than Dive. I never reach with Dive but Fists has never gotten me killed from not being able to reach.
Dark Fists and Dive do go the same height, but Dark Fists does have slightly more horizontal distance due to lasting longer overall by a frame or two.

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
Nope, because Sakurai's "brillant" idea of not alienating players...
It really wouldn't be alienating. The Up-B did need a differentiation and use imo

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
Every Ganon would love it if Dark Fists was made the standard honestly. The damage and knockback on Dive is pitiful.

Good luck ever getting a grab off of Vault. I just think Vault sucks.

Top Bottom