• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganondorf recovery mix up thread

Theosmeo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LastOfTheM
3DS FC
0576-7286-5643
Ganon is notorious for having simple recovery(like falcon). Here are a few of the ways I recover:

When I get knocked very high I either spam jump or Dspecial to jump in order to cancel my momentum and make it back soon, the dspecial is only against people that can't edgeguard low easily(ness, yoshi, ect.) and if I'm REALLY certain I can make it back, it's just saddening to almost reach the ledge but not.

holding down to prevent sweetspoting the edge after the up b can be a nice free 11 damage and alleviate stale moves, however, this is risky against characters with spikes, especially disjointed spikes like Rosa. The little ganon scrape at the end is nice too but I wish it had more kill power, it doesn't kill till like 200 and you're ganon so the opponent's probably already dead by then.

Gerudo is nice and the threat of ganoncide is usually enough for opponents to respect you, just be careful in situations with online latency because sometimes you won't make it. Bside is also fast which is important for getting back onstage against good offstage chars like jigs and sheik.

And that^s pretty much every tool I have, I make it back more often than my opponent(and sometimes even I) expect but I often face trouble against aggressive edge guarders(like many of my good friends). How do you guys mix up your recoveries?

Theosmeo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LastOfTheM
3DS FC
0576-7286-5643
Also his Wiz drop kick is great for helping his horizontal recovery but customs are less used now, even though they help ganon immensely.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
It's a link, impregnated by my potent ganon play.

I try to avoid recovering high unless the opponent is already off stage. I don't want to lose my airdodge :(
Lose your airdodge?

You sure you're playing the right game? :p

Theosmeo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LastOfTheM
3DS FC
0576-7286-5643
Lose your airdodge?

You sure you're playing the right game? :p
I mean not being able to use my airdodge. The only thing you can actually use if you wizard hug early is fast fall, and you won't always make it back if you do that.

Last edited:
Top Bottom