• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganon

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration
free fair after those three dairs on the right platform of yoshis game one. don't ever up-b like that lmao

also, doc's fair should not be hitting you so much. predict that scrub and punish him lol

jab after cc dtilt at low percents, like during your last stock game one. you can probably follow up with an ftilt if it's low enough percents too depending on his DI.

definitely work on your reads. every time you dtilt'd this guy just jumped and you went for that robot uair. don't do that, go for the punish. take note of stuff like that.

good recovering last stock though. lots of ganons would have just down-b'd like a noob there and gotten fair'd or caped or some gay **** for it. and good job using utilt because a lot of ganons don't do that, either.

good dash attack at the end of doc's second stock game two.

at the end of doc's last stock game 2, you did up throw. you should have done dthrow instead. if he di'd away, easy uair/fair/whatever, if he di'd into you, he would have hit the platform and you could have wavelanded to a free grab. a good doc would have di'd that fair correctly and probably lived. it killed him, yeah, but you had better options.

overall, you're solid. you use dtilt a lot, so try mixing in more forward tilts into your game.

Nujabes

Smash Apprentice
Thanks man, I don't really focus on reads much ATM but I will definatly start.. The up-B though, I thought I could land it, I <3 those kills

when I get home I'm going to write my own assesment

what do the other ganons think?

:phone:

Geenareeno

Smash Lord
Okay i'll give it a go. A couple things first. 1) You are better than me. 2) When I analyze others' videos I tend to point out every single thing I deem in my eyes as a mistake. I'm not gonna say stupid **** but a lot of it you will already know. I'm only gonna do one game because it takes a long time. Here goes.

0:42 - You did waveland into uair. Good, but you threw it out when he was around. Allowing you to be punished. Instead you should have done something like waveland the ground backwards or forewards. I can see fast fall waveland forward into up angled f-tilt being good here. FF off of platforms into wavelands is hella good.

0:51 - You were on the platform and you dropped through. This is kind of a bad idea. Instead you should have either jumped onto the top plat, or jumped towards him, or just stayed where you were. You put yourself right beside the ledge, and in the perfect position to be pressured by a fh pill.

1:06 - Nice dair but he could have mc'd and then killed you. It's very unlikely and I know it's friendlies so you want to dair but I thought I'd just point it out. Then again u-air and b-air cannot always hit in the same place as dair so use it sometimes. I wrote all that before I saw you kill yourself lol. Didn't have 2nd jump or didn't use it? Doesn't matter.

1:40 - The chain of three dairs is nice, gj. This is really small but I would have edge cancelled the first one. It wouldn't have helped you much in this situation but generally when dairing on a plat you want to ec if you can because you have more options to tech chase/less lag.

Good stuff otherwise.

Also I didn't include most of the stuff Eikelmann (sorry don't know your real name) said. But his analysis is really good.

Nujabes

Smash Apprentice
^ i have no idea, my friend gave me the disc since im adding my own hacks to the disk i usually have

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration
Okay i'll give it a go. A couple things first. 1) You are better than me. 2) When I analyze others' videos I tend to point out every single thing I deem in my eyes as a mistake. I'm not gonna say stupid **** but a lot of it you will already know. I'm only gonna do one game because it takes a long time. Here goes.

0:42 - You did waveland into uair. Good, but you threw it out when he was around. Allowing you to be punished. Instead you should have done something like waveland the ground backwards or forewards. I can see fast fall waveland forward into up angled f-tilt being good here. FF off of platforms into wavelands is hella good.

0:51 - You were on the platform and you dropped through. This is kind of a bad idea. Instead you should have either jumped onto the top plat, or jumped towards him, or just stayed where you were. You put yourself right beside the ledge, and in the perfect position to be pressured by a fh pill.

1:06 - Nice dair but he could have mc'd and then killed you. It's very unlikely and I know it's friendlies so you want to dair but I thought I'd just point it out. Then again u-air and b-air cannot always hit in the same place as dair so use it sometimes. I wrote all that before I saw you kill yourself lol. Didn't have 2nd jump or didn't use it? Doesn't matter.

1:40 - The chain of three dairs is nice, gj. This is really small but I would have edge cancelled the first one. It wouldn't have helped you much in this situation but generally when dairing on a plat you want to ec if you can because you have more options to tech chase/less lag.

Good stuff otherwise.

Also I didn't include most of the stuff Eikelmann (sorry don't know your real name) said. But his analysis is really good.
Ian Mooney. :bee:

Top Bottom