• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganon Help

orochimaru2072

Smash Cadet
At all of my characters i play (bowser, peach, game&watch etc) Ganon and I don't mix well. I just don't know anything to do with him any more. I look at all these threads and I know no body knows me, but I am a lazy person. Can someone with a kind heart give me some good combo videos or something to help on the field with ganon. I am tiered of using the wizard foot spam like no ones business when i play team battle with my friend. can someone help?

mista_mista

Smash Journeyman
First off, ganon is much more of a ground character than aerial now. He's also slower so you have to play smart with him and think about your moves more so you don't get dominated.

His <b> is much better now, use it. You can chain them together if you guess where they will roll and do other stuff with it.

His up-air is still spammeable, use it a lot when the opponent is above you. His F-air has a lot more lag now so it's more of a KO move.

His d-tilt, f-tilt, and jab are very good and come out pretty fast. They can also be used to follow up his <b>

His forward smash packs a punch and has very good knockback if you can land it.

If you press short hop+dair at almost the same time, you'll do his dair with no landing lag.

These are just some general tips that I've found from my experience and some people might disagree with them. I'm nowhere near a pro but i'm decent.

orochimaru2072

Smash Cadet
First off, ganon is much more of a ground character than aerial now. He's also slower so you have to play smart with him and think about your moves more so you don't get dominated.

His <b> is much better now, use it. You can chain them together if you guess where they will roll and do other stuff with it.

His up-air is still spammeable, use it a lot when the opponent is above you. His F-air has a lot more lag now so it's more of a KO move.

His d-tilt, f-tilt, and jab are very good and come out pretty fast. They can also be used to follow up his <b>

His forward smash packs a punch and has very good knockback if you can land it.

If you press short hop+dair at almost the same time, you'll do his dair with no landing lag.

These are just some general tips that I've found from my experience and some people might disagree with them. I'm nowhere near a pro but i'm decent.
thank you. Does any one else have any more advice. i am wanting knowledge of the Ganon! Lol

MetaKnight63

Smash Apprentice
Hi.

I'm good with Ganondorf as well and had to adjust to Brawl fighting with him.

The main thing is the give him adequate shielding. He should get more than anyone else.
Wavedance with him.

When you see an opening, capitalize with the standard A attack for quickness.

In the air, abuse the Thunder Drop and flying keese (standard A in air). Do Wizard's Foot as well.

My new combo with him is the flame choke followed by down A attack; it gets the job done.

Most importantly, it'll take some practice to get these moves down.

Top Bottom